which one is better...

I know that most here would say turbo...especially in the case of the 2.0...it seems the potential is far greater with a turbo setup but it can present more complications...whereas a blower setup tends to be less complicated but the power potential is also less (a blower requires / robs engine power to create the additional power and boost levels are limited to pulley size).

If I'm correct...

And both setups deliver power differently.

dude, that question is like asking: which is better red or blue?

it all depends on what your performance goals are and how you want your power delivered. IN GENERAL, super's will give you the impression that you have a biger displacement motor, (more low end torque) however there are exceptions. torbo's will give you more peak hp's, and a gradual increase in power as rpm's go up.

if you really want to know how loaded that question is, go over to http://www.miataforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi and scroll down to the power forum and ask that question. (or do a search to hide yourself from the ridicule)

Yes this is a very heated question. It all depends on what you want to use the car for. Street driving, autocrossing, drag racing or a combo? In my opinion if your car was a (trailor queen autocross car) then I would supecharge it just because of the more linear power band ect. But for anything else I would have to put my vote in for turbo. Plus there are currently no supercharger offerings for our cars.

Last edited:
I almost gagged when I saw this one...Didn't we just go through this whole argument in another thread here?

I'd say turbo, regardless, hands down.

There's much more potential, you make much more power, and it doesn't rob the power to make power.

Plus it's more tuneable.

Note that the fastest cars out there are turbocharged, not supercharged...with the exception of all out funny cars.

They actually don't allow turbos in that class, because they'd make too much power (based on what i read in a mag).

Turbo owns all!!
but id have to say its reall yup to the driver and what kind of power you like to make..
Superchargers are much more xpensive to increase boost on.. u need new pulleys and such..
Turbo's all you need is anew boost controller..

but yes the Supercharger has no lag and makes powe rin all bands of the rpm gauge..
but the turbos now a days have very litle lag and have higher potential..

Latest posts

Back