Which lower arms on lowered Protege5?!

killuminati

:
Mazda 323F BJ RF
Hello,

about six months ago I bought SIDEM lower arms, and they are already dead! my 323F/Protege5 is lowered with H&R springs -30mm (1,2 inch) but it shouldn't affect on durability of the lower arms in such a short period.. here in Croatia, most of the roads are in pretty bad condition, but OEM parts lasted for 8 years!

front bushings are OK, but rear are pretty soft and it doesn't perform as a new one any more.. and the lower ball joints are rattling as hell! miraculously, control links are good..

it wouldn't be weird if they are couple of years old, but as I already said they were bought six months ago!

they costed about $120 for piece, and the OEM part is about $515 which is big difference, so it's obvious why I bought SIDEM lower arms..

my question is: which lower arms and suspension parts (control links) do you use with your lowered cars no matter if it's lowered by lowering springs or coilovers?

thanks! (drinks)

theese are those SIDEMS, don't buy them! (drinks)

dscf1871res.jpg

dscf1873res.jpg

Hardrace control arms are the only ones I have seen. They are said to have upgraded ball joints and bushings... I cannot confirm if they are any better than stock, but you should get more than 6 months out of them...

You can get Beck-Arnley control arms at RockAuto.com for only about $65 each. Beck-Arnley is an OEM supplier for numerous Asian car manufacturers. I've had them on my sedan for over a year now with no issues. And trust me, Iowa roads (especially in the winter) are no picnic on my car!

Back