Which header?

I have the Genie 4-2-1 header and i love it, i had no fitting issue and yeah its louder but you can't expect to make more power and keep things quiet at the same time.

i looked up the OBX header and found a lot of people have had problems with them fitting and all. So should I steer clear of OBX?

no i don't have a clip with the header on, and i doubt i will be making one anytime soon as i;m in about 2ft of snow up here and its still coming...(protest) and i wouldn't say to stay clear of the obx header, but i will say that "you get what you pay for" but thats just my two cents.

It would be my assupmtion that all headers are pretty much exactly the same as far as "loudness".....unless the oil pan is rubbing...then you'd get some noise...other than that keep in mind that you get what you pay for..

Are you looking for performance or quiet lol

If quiet: Leave it alone. At most, put on a racing beat cat back. If performance, any of the long runner headers will be better than the ones that incorporate a 'downpipe.' I have e-bay SRI, Ractive header and the racing beat cat-back from an 03 MSP. The noise is very tolerable on the highway. You definately hear it in the background, but it's not overpowering

ok. yea i have the bomz sri and my rb cat back will be here monday. so i was gonna look into header in the near future

Ractive, still look the same when I got it, no fitting issue, some gain in hp

someone told me that the header will drive girls nuts when they ride w/ u if they arent into cars as well. know anything about that? dont wanna drive my girlfriend up the wall. lol

I gave my girlfriend a header and she went crazy......she loves every second...

If you're up in the air about putting them in...then get one that is used and cheap and see if it's too loud...

amsgator said:
someone told me that the header will drive girls nuts when they ride w/ u if they arent into cars as well. know anything about that? dont wanna drive my girlfriend up the wall. lol

The header made it a little louder/deeper, but my exhaust and suspension is what drives mine crazy.

aMaff - you said:

If performance, any of the long runner headers will be better than the ones that incorporate a 'downpipe.'

What do you mean by this? The OBX type don't have a downpipe right? Isn't that what an aftermarket mid-pipe for?

This is definitely a performance mod for me...I just don't want a ricer type loud fart can noise...

I don't think the OBX does. I'm fairly certain thunder does. Basically, it's a shorty 4-1 that replaces the stock cast manifold, then there's a single down pipe that bolts to the mid pipe. The Ractive and (I think) OBX have 4 long runners with a collector all the way down at the mid-pipe.

Midpipe's totally different. The header bolts to the midpipe.

yea but that one looks pretty worn out....

the ractive is so much more expensive though.

Back