Where to after CX-5?

:
2016.5 CX-5 Sport
I ended up walking into buying this car because I needed to bury the Xterra and there just wasn't a vehicle out there that met my likes. I made a solid spur of the moment choice as I look into other vehicles now already and there still just isn't much out there worth the price tag. You put that t in this thing and it is as good as anything out there for fit and finish imo.

Anyone else wondering where the heck to go to after the CX-5? Sort of waiting to see what the heck toyota does with the tired motor in the 4-runner.

The 4 runner has been using the same platform since 2003, despite the body skin overhaul a number of years back. Its way overdue for an update.

I moved on from my CX5 to a used QX70. Its obvious how similar the cars are overall. The QX is riding on an outdated platform as well, and some of the tech is lagging behind, but the RWD bias and 325 HP VQ engine is music to my ears. The gas bill has gone up, but its a small price to pay for happiness.

However, if I end up moving on from the QX I'll be in the same boat. Nothing else excites me at all, at least anything I would be willing to throw down some decent cash for.

Good luck!

Anyone else wondering where the heck to go to after the CX-5? Sort of waiting to see what the heck toyota does with the tired motor in the 4-runner.

Hi freys,
Enjoy the present. Who knows what the future CX 5 may look like? I am sure the CX 5 is a car that will be around for years to come, with the upgrades (improvements) to keep up with the demands of the buyers every 4-5 years.[emoji3][emoji3]

Keeping my CX-5.

Would love to add a sports car or convertible of some sort.

Buying a new car 6 months after buying a new car SCENARIO!
Host - You buy this car after you are fed up with your 16.5 CX5?
Monique - What is 2017 Diesel CX5.

Ting ting ting ! Yo Monique thats what I am talking about.

I am waiting to see how the Buick Regal wagon turns out but it will most likely be a dead platform when I am ready.

Sort of leading this direction. The CX-5 has my winter needs met and then some. Best vehicle I have ever had for going up to the mountain a few times a week.

Same here. 2013 CX-5 is my wife's DD and our family travel car. 2016 Mazda6 is my DD. Hopefully I can get a used ND Miata with Brembro kit as my weekend car in the future......Next home may have a 3-car garage.

Same here. 2013 CX-5 is my wife's DD and our family travel car. 2016 Mazda6 is my DD. Hopefully I can get a used ND Miata with Brembro kit as my weekend car in the future......Next home may have a 3-car garage.

Nice. I'd either like to find a decent PRHT, or agreed on the ND. Don't need the brembo kit though. Kinda wish the RF was more like a PRHT. I like the RF top up, but not really top down.

Financial priorities aside, only 1 car garage right now though, so no rush.

Honestly, if you want a slightly bigger car that is even more comfortable, faster, has more cargo room and fun to drive, think about a CX-9. Really. The diesel CX-5 has what I need. Over 300 lb feet of torque with great gas mileage in a sporty, but quiet and comfortable package.

Only other car I was personally thinking of is an Acura MDX.

Buying a new car 6 months after buying a new car SCENARIO!
Host - You buy this car after you are fed up with your 16.5 CX5?
Monique - What is 2017 Diesel CX5.

Ting ting ting ! Yo Monique thats what I am talking about.

Hell to da naw.

I have a 2015 Touring and am aiming for quieter and fewer stops at the gas station. I've looked a bunch of sedans and there's some fit issues that keep recurring. Frankly, if the diesel ever shows up it should fix both.

I pulled some C&D test reports to compare noise levels. The 2017 CX-5 beat everything I looked at but a Lexus so it's got the noise easy, now I just want to go 400 miles before the gas light shows up.

This might be next....It would for sure fix one of my complaints and that is the A pillar in the cx-5. awful spot for windy mountain roads.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/spied-2019-subaru-forester-caught-testing/

I agree but this is another area that has been addressed with the '17 and is really improved.

"A closer look reveals that the base of the A-pillars has been moved rearward by about 1.5 inches to improve sightlines."

"The windshield pillars were pulled back by about an inch and a third (35mm) for greater visibility over the fenders in cornering and for seeing pedestrians in crosswalks."

"The A-pillar has been moved back 35 mm for improved visibility, torsional rigidity is improved by 15.5 percent"

Just bought a 3 Sport GT and next year we'll likely be following it up with a diesel CX5. Those two ought to last us the next ~decade (unless I lease the CX5).

After that, we'll see what the car landscape looks like...and I'm sure it will be MUCH different from today.

If Mazda keeps building cars and pushing the envelope like they are now, I see no reason why our next cars couldn't be Mazdas as well. They 'get' us.

My wife's 2014 is paid off and we will be looking into ordering the redesigned 2018 BMW X3 when it arrives in my dealer showroom in October. Unfortunately our CX5 has been disappointing so we want to trade it before the miles get much higher than the 60,000 it currently has now. My 2011 328 has 143,000 miles and it's been bullet proof and my dealer is giving me $15,000 for the CX5.

My wife's 2014 is paid off and we will be looking into ordering the redesigned 2018 BMW X3 when it arrives in my dealer showroom in October. Unfortunately our CX5 has been disappointing so we want to trade it before the miles get much higher than the 60,000 it currently has now. My 2011 328 has 143,000 miles and it's been bullet proof and my dealer is giving me $15,000 for the CX5.

Disappointing, how so?

Love my 2014.

Love my 2014.

That's my issue-gonna be a damn tough act to follow! I'm intrigued by the diesel but I think I'd more likely go touring gas putting the diff into a brz...or find a cherry 16.5:) or keep up my beloved 2014 until it completely craps out and hopefully hcci will be out and running for awhile by then. So if Mazda did something wrong it was making the 2014 so damn good owners tend to be in no rush to let go!

Back