Whats wrong with my turbo?

yecanfly

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Lately i have a feeling that my turbo is getting old or something cuz it doent feel like its putting out enough boost as before, and my car only have 52000KMs.

Last edited:
How about properly diagnosing the real problem, and not simply blaming the turbocharger?

There are a number of other factors involved, and considering the mileage, it's not likely the problem anyways. if you work at a mazda dealership as stated, try working with the mechanics to isolate the cause of the problem.

yeah i know but we did the full diagnosing and nothing is wrong with the car at all. and making something up is basicly for getting a new turbo for free.

and our tech dont know what to write on the report because this is nothing wrong from the diagnosing. but how can i explain that i use to run the 1/4 miles around 14.2 to 14.4 stock and 14.0 with the CAI earlier this summer, and when the summer was ending i can only run a 15.2, there has to be some problem, cuz i think i still drive the same...

There are a bunch of reasons the time has changed. Listen, you can have a bad day at the track and it has nothing to do with the car at all. I really think your wasting your time and Mazda's money with this. You can't simply blame the turbo and expect it to magically cure whatever "might" be wrong. People like you are exactly why companies like Mazda are cautious regarding warranty coverage. Now some poor guy with legitimate gripes gets screwed over, while you get a brand new turbo in a car with nothing wrong with it.

There are a bunch of reasons the time has changed. Listen, you can have a bad day at the track and it has nothing to do with the car at all. I really think your wasting your time and Mazda's money with this. You can't simply blame the turbo and expect it to magically cure whatever "might" be wrong. People like you are exactly why companies like Mazda are cautious regarding warranty coverage. Now some poor guy with legitimate gripes gets screwed over, while you get a brand new turbo in a car with nothing wrong with it.
If there was a rep system I'd give you some!

Maybe OP needs driver mod? $4,000 at Autozone I've been told.

Reposted to the other MazdaSpeed organization board.

Last edited:
to Super Unique:

whatever, i got the new diagnose result. the turbo's waste gauge is broken, and it started leaking oil lately. so it is not me, its the turbo. so please be quite about whatever i do, i am just asking some questions about what could go wrong with the turbo not only for this time if we can not figuar out the problem, but also for the future if something happens then i will know what to do.

and i've proved myself so many times that i can do a 14s with my car and i dont need u to tell me im a bad driver.

This is either a bad joke or OP is a 15 year old idiot. Just be honest and fix the damn car. If the wastegate is no longer functional figure out why. You work at a dealer and have access to excellent diagnostic equipment and trained techs. You don't need us to tell you the reason the wastegate is not working right, if that is truly the problem.

Don't try to lie your way around an expired warranty. If the warranty is still good, why make up something.

What's the REAL story here?

ohhhhhhhhhh hahahahaha, man... this made my day

1.- OP is retarded

2.- OP is retarded

3.- so you work on mazdas, but you dont know what could go wrong with em so you have to ask a forum about it? HAHAHAHHAHA... man... this is epic, Im glad someone posted this on the other mazdaspeed forums....

4.- so you think that changing a turbo will magically make you a better driver?
... i totally agree man, go do it, go make some fraudulent claims and hope you dont get caught for nothing...

whatever, i came here to ask because i thought u guys are professional at speed3, my techs are professional at all mazdas and we dont have a lot of speed3s here so we dont service a lot of them, and they told me to go on a professional fourm to see if someone knows what could be the problem.

the good thing is we diagnosed again and found the problem, and my warrenty expires in march 2015, so im all good with this

thank you again for all of your great ideas about what kind of person i am and how i drive, if you do not know me, do not talk about me, if you want to conment on this post, please do, but do not take it personally.

Last edited:
mind our own business? you come to a forum and ask for help but get mad if someone voiced an opinion. i wouldnt call this the premier mazdaspeed forum, more of a general mazda forum.

mind our own business? you come to a forum and ask for help but get mad if someone voiced an opinion. i wouldnt call this the premier mazdaspeed forum, more of a general mazda forum.

yeah i just want to know what is the commen problems on the speed3 with the stock turbo, and they start saying im a bad driver and im trying to rape mazda off, no matter if i work at mazda or not, as a consumer, i have the right to use my warrenty if there is something wrong with the car and i did not break it.

if you want to go to a PROFESSIONAL mazdaspeed site -- please visit ************************** -- they'll have a field day w/ this one (in the best way possible to HELP you out! they are the epitome of professionals there)

ahaha - OP is a tool ... end thread.

and I agree with above, come on over, we will have fun with this one!

Edit: Oh and could you point me in the direction of my "waste gauge" ... I want to check it to make sure i dont run into the same problem anytime soon.

Last edited:
Before the op edited his original post I was just gonna say he finally got use to the power and is bored with the car, because his issue was so generic

It was like he asked "I've got a problem with this light fixture in my house, can someone help me? I think I need to get a free replacement at the store I got it from"

I see his location is china so maybe some things were lost in translation?

lol... 247 never fails to dissapoint.

god i hate the mazda community so much.

one side of the spectrum trolls and assholes. the other side of the spectrum complete retards.

Lately i have a feeling that my turbo is getting old or something cuz it doent feel like its putting out enough boost as before, and my car only have 52000KMs.

In case you haven't checked it out yet:

http://www.mazdaspeed forums (DOT) org/forum/f514/canadian-247-failure-69294/#post680310

(delete the space and replace the DOT with a period) that thing---->.
lulz will ensue

to Super Unique:

whatever, i got the new diagnose result. the turbo's waste gauge is broken, and it started leaking oil lately. so it is not me, its the turbo. so please be quite about whatever i do, i am just asking some questions about what could go wrong with the turbo not only for this time if we can not figuar out the problem, but also for the future if something happens then i will know what to do.

and i've proved myself so many times that i can do a 14s with my car and i dont need u to tell me im a bad driver.

You can say whatever you want. I stand by the comment. Diagnose the correct problem, and submit proper paperwork to get warranty coverage that is legitimate. I really hope the wastegate is the real issue and solves the problem. Just know that there are about 20 other problems that could cause a lack of power, and have NOTHING to do with the turbo.

Also know that a car can't be fixed by chatting over the net, you need to take valid troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause or causes of the trouble.

A good electronic boost gauge is $80 from Prosport Gauges. Think you are not building boost, then find out for sure, as your butt dyno might not be calibrated. Wastegate broken and leaking oil is multiple problems you would have noticed troubleshooting on your own most likely.

Back