6. Jack Johnson---new one

I'm gonna get flamed (hide)

1. Breaking Benjamin---Phobia
2. Random Mix
3. John Mayer---Continuum
4. One Republic---the new on
5. The Gorillaz---mix

I love me some Breaking Benjamin and I like most of the Gorillaz stuff.

I'm very surprised, but fvery very happy that someone else here listens to Tegan And Sara, I love that album so much.. so so much, it's in my cd changer right now

It's definitely on my "10 CDs you'd like to have if you were stranded on a desert island" list.

I haven't used the cd changer in so long after I got my Zune plugged in. but I know of at least three cd's that are in there.

Ensiferum - Dragonheads
Ensiferum - Victory Songs
Steve Aoki - Pillowface and his airplane chronicles

It's definitely on my "10 CDs you'd like to have if you were stranded on a desert island" list.

It tends to cheer me up,
I never really get to listen to it though cause when my friends are in my car, I like for them to enjoy what's playing, and no one likes them.

I'm gonna get flamed (hide)

1. Breaking Benjamin---Phobia
2. Random Mix
3. John Mayer---Continuum
4. One Republic---the new on
5. The Gorillaz---mix

Breaking Benjamin is my favorite band.. they are awesome!!! I love how I go though the lists and really dont recognize a good 75% of the people on peoples lists lol. I have a sport.. so right now I just have a random mix in that includes... Beastie Boys, Kayne West, Twista, The Killers, Souja Boy, Five Finger Death Punch, Linkin Park, Atreyu and some others I cant remember.

Nadda.... iPod all the way!

i usually listen to my ipod in the car, but even with the songs i have ripped direct from cd's, the sound from the ipod sounds somewhat muffled compared to just popping the cd in there. plus with the 6 disc changer, its not like i have to just about every time i get in the car like i did with my old one.

the ipod connection is hella convenient, but if i have the album that i want to listen to on cd, i'll drop that in just for the boost in sound quality.

I can see that. I guess I just don't here that much of a sound difference between my iPod and the CDs. I rip at 192 Kbps, so it is pretty high quality. Also...my 2007 sport edition is a single CD slot anyway... so that makes it really inconvenient.

The only CD I've had in the player is one by local metal group ThisMeansYou.

Most of my rocking is with my MP3 player plugged into the AUX jack. 7,000 songs versus 6CDs x 12tracks per CD is no contest.

I can see that. I guess I just don't here that much of a sound difference between my iPod and the CDs. I rip at 192 Kbps, so it is pretty high quality. Also...my 2007 sport edition is a single CD slot anyway... so that makes it really inconvenient.

Hrm, I've had two cars now with audio in, and I've tried to run ipod in both.
Each time it seems like the quality is not at all what it is off of a cd, and all the music I put on my ipod is straight from cds

iPod audio quality is actually pretty highly regarded. The older ones have Yamaha chips in them, the new 160GB classics have...Cirrus Logic chips, which is an infamous name known for cheap video cards in the PC world.

One thing MP3s really show is the sound mastering differences between different CDs, when you hear a song from one CD and a song from another CD back to back you can hear a volume and quality difference. But really, I don't think many people could tell the difference between CD and MP3 in a blind test.

I have the sport too so no CD changer for me :( Here's what's in my CD wallet though:

1) Immortal Technique - my own mix
2) Face to Face - another mix of mine
3) The Supersuckers - Motherfuckers Be Trippin'
4) Cryptopsy - Whisper Supremacy
5) Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
6) Dead Prez - Revolutionary But Gangsta
7) Dropkick Murphy's - The Meanest of Times
8) The Tossers - Pint of No return
9) The Wanderers - Rusty Chevrolet EP
10) Social Distortion - Sex, Love, and Rock n Roll
11) Ninja tune - xen cuts CD 1
12) Gary Puckett and the Union gap - Greatest Hits

I have to second everyone who just uses their mp3 player. 6+ days worth of music at my fignertips is pretty awesome, especially when I got loopy after sitting in a traffic jam a couple weekends ago and felt the need to blast Weird Al's discography the last half of the trip.

The aux input jack was a key requirement when I was searching for a new car. My old car had the 6-CD in dash changer, but no way (other than the always-dodgy FM transmitter) to connect my mp3 player, and it drove me utterly nuts, because I don't have CD's and have to go 'out of my way' to make them.

Music-wise, though, I'm currently on a bit of a Wallflowers streak. I'm hooked on 'Red Letter Days' (their 4th Album, I believe). Otherwise a lot of classic rock, Beatles, Zeppelin, Springsteen, The Who etc as well as BNL and various Swedish rock groups (I highly recommend 'The Ark')

I do have an utterly random mix-CD I have in the changer for 'emergency' situations where my mp3 battery is dead and I can't get decent reception on any of the radio stations I like.

I do have an utterly random mix-CD I have in the changer for 'emergency' situations where my mp3 battery is dead and I can't get decent reception on any of the radio stations I like.

Get yourself a 12V adapter for your MP3 player and no more battery worries!

12V adapter is fine but you will also want a ground loop isolater if you want to charge and play at the same time. I got one from Radioshack and it works great. The problem with the Ipod is you are connecting it to the mic output which is amplified. I use a Creative Zen Vision: M which has the appropriate line out connection.

Currently listening to Alkaline Trio, Weezer Red album and Filter

Back