What you like the most and dislike the most in p5???

Goods:

1-Looks is amazing.
2-Handles like a charm.
3-Can haul anything, except heavy objects.
4-Reliable, most of the time.
5-It's a Mazda!

Bads:

1-RUST!
2-Rattles
3-Lack of power
4-Don't like cold starts (-25C and below, very frequent here(canada))
5-Thirsty if you got the "heavy foot mod"

I give it a B+

Put it up against its competitors of the same year, and your b+ would change to an a+. Think civic, corolla, or golf.

Pro's : amazing factory handling, Decent interior, Looks great, its a Mazda, Hauling capabilities.

Cons: underpowered, needed an MSP package. MM's, the yellow needed clear coat.

I love everything about this car but I have 1 complaint:

PISS POOR FORD CHARGING SYSTEM!!! the stupid computer turning on and off the alt to get better gas milage is horendous. I have a custom built high output alt (186 amp@2000rpm) with a chip built into it to trick the computer into thinking its the factory alt, an MLA charging module which tells the computer that the voltage is low so it will not shut off the alt anymore, 3 big Kinetik batteries and I still cant get any voltage over a 13.5 out of it (and thats at 1500 RPM). Not very practical for building a show car with a large stereo in it.

keep it on topic pls

pros:
good looking car, great handling, reliable, nice interior and i like the hatcback flexibility.

cons:
2 major complaints :way too noisy on the highway and rust issues.

other lesser cons: maybe needs more hp , suspension is little bit too stiff making the ride uncomfortable on some roads(drive)

Pros.
Good looks still does not look outdated.
Fun to drive.
Reasonable gas milage.

I have absolutely zero rust anywhere on this car, Krowned rust proofed every year.

Cons.
Noisy, even worse when I put snow tires on.

Did I say noise, I have soundproofed the car but still less than ideal.

Pat.

Pros:
Can be found at reasonable prices
Sporty looking car (I like that it has flared fenders from the factory)
Reliable **knock on wood**
Solid Mazda support community! (props to Mazda247.com!)
Extremely practical (love taking it to home depot)

Cons:
Extremely underpowered
Not the best gas mileage (25ish mpg)
FWD
Seats are super uncomfortable (compared to my previous A4)
Loud road/engine noise

Did I say noise, I have soundproofed the car but still less than ideal.

Pat.

When you said soundproofed did you mean you used Dynamat, Second Skin, Fat Mat or any other sound deadening material? The most important part is the floor, I have Dynamat all the way from the front footwell to the hatch applied as 1 big sheet and that cut noise almost to 0

When you said soundproofed did you mean you used Dynamat, Second Skin, Fat Mat or any other sound deadening material? The most important part is the floor, I have Dynamat all the way from the front footwell to the hatch applied as 1 big sheet and that cut noise almost to 0

Interesting. How much did it cost you la2lvtom?

Pros:

Came in sexy colors like Laser Blue
Handles like it's on rails
Unique - you hardly ever see another

Cons:

That nagging fear in the back of your mind that the FSDE oil system will fail you
Rust on the body and all the bolts
Rattles
Can't accomodate more than 215s without spacers and other suspension adjustments

I did the entire floor, trunk and doors with B Quiet, car was gutted to do the job right.

Pat.

Interesting. How much did it cost you la2lvtom?

Well, to do it with Dynamat you need 2 trunk kits to properly cover the floor front to back and you are looking anywhere from $220-$260 and it is about a half day job to do it yourself. You can go with other brands like Second Skin or Fat Mat for a fraction of the price and achive the same results. Hardly anyone sound deadens the floor but it will make the biggest impact in cutting out road noise

Well, to do it with Dynamat you need 2 trunk kits to properly cover the floor front to back and you are looking anywhere from $220-$260 and it is about a half day job to do it yourself. You can go with other brands like Second Skin or Fat Mat for a fraction of the price and achive the same results. Hardly anyone sound deadens the floor but it will make the biggest impact in cutting out road noise

About how much does it weigh all together?

The dynamat probably will add I'd say 30-35 lbs if you do it as 1 big sheet

Pros:
1. Looks - I think it will age well
2. Handling - Best in its segment
3. 4 Wheel Disc Brakes
4. Drivetrain has been around a while

Cons:
1. Could have used a taller 5th gear if not a 6th
2. Does not respond like a Honda to mods
3. Girls think its cute (pissed)
4. Doesn't have forged internals, AWD, 300+HP, weigh under 2000lbs with perfect weight distribution and all parts available for under $200. :)

the annoying fact that it falls on its face when shifting to 2nd gear thats the only thing i hate about it

Back