what to expect

:
2003 MSP
what should i expect as trade in value for my 03 orange speed, i have 16k miles no body or interior damage, exhuast and tinted windows. I also have new tires and brakes. I have checked other resources but i was just wondering what you guys thought. Also what is a NEW msp going for these days.

Thanks MSP'ers ~ JON

SpcyOrangeMSP03 said:
what should i expect as trade in value for my 03 orange speed, i have 16k miles no body or interior damage, exhuast and tinted windows. I also have new tires and brakes. I have checked other resources but i was just wondering what you guys thought. Also what is a NEW msp going for these days.

Thanks MSP'ers ~ JON
Not many new ones left. I would guess anywhere from $14000.00 to $16000.00 depending on what you are trading for

hmmm... Well thats around what KBB and edmunds and NADA say. however.... i was at the Scoobie dealer today lookin at the 05 STi and they offered me 11,500. I was like," is that a joke!?!?!" So i talked to another dealer on the phone and he seemed to understand my situation more then the other place. Obviously im going to get less on a trade in then say a private sale, i am aware of this. I am just tired of dealing with the warranty issues and my car seems to have every problem that it could have. FYI it going to the dealer tomm to have them check out some squeeks among other things. I got them down to 30,994 for the STi but i need atleast 15k for my trade cuz thats around what i owe. So i guess im just telling and venting, this post doesnt make a whole lotta sense. Dont get me wrong i love the MSP i like it alot but i think i shoulda spent the extra cash and gone for what i really crave. Dont hate me, im just askin for input. thanks everyone!

sell it privately, i'm sure you will get alot more, and there are alot of people looking for MSP's

realy u guys think 11-13k?!?!? that seems kinda low. hmmm... So this car depreciated 10k in a year. I know they call the mazda dealers when someone trades something in but cmon.... This car would sell. Cuz they qouted me 11,500 and i know they would turn around and ask 17 or 18 for it. a $5500 profit is too much. I understand its a business and everyones gotta make money. My father used to selll cars and he said generally his dealership would hold around 2500 on a used car. So me getting 14,500-15k isnt out of the question. right??~?!?!

orangezoom said:
One thing you have going in your favor is that orange is the fastest color:D
Hehe, and because of this, orange seems to be the most wrecked color, too. But the good news is that for every spicey wrecked, that makes yours that much rarer.

SpcyOrangeMSP03 said:
So me getting 14,500-15k isnt out of the question. right??~?!?!
Getting that much is out of the question unless you either find a retarded dealer or if you pay to much for the new car you'd be getting.

10k in 1 year? Did you pay MSRP?

I paid 16,200 out the door....

Anyway, i would sell it privately ask 15,000 OBO, or maybe 14,500 OBO.

sell it on autotrader...guranteed you can get at least 14K...more if you dont mind waiting...

also, dont pay a dime over invoice for that STi...which is around $29K.

If a dealer near you wont do it, look around...The 04s could be had for $500 over invoice when they first came out and some dealers were marking them up morethan $2K...so now that things have settled, and some dealers still have left over 04s, it is quite easy to get one for invoice ;)

invoice for the STi i was lookin at was 30k and they were go further than 32,695. I mean i understand everyone has to make a living and it is a BUSINESS, butcmon they would be makin almost 9k off me if they gave me 11,500. Im gonna keep shopping. I dont wanna sell it pprivate cuz i had a hell of a time selling my 01 integra GSR. i owe about 16k on my MSP and dont wanna go too upside down on it, well see.

Back