What to do with my new Hawk HP+ front brake

~JoJo~

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 True Red GT
so I was recommended to install the Hawk HP+ to my ms3 front brake. After getting it installed, I noticed that the brake is still very noisy. I know that it might take some time to break them in, but it's been over 1000 miles (estimate 3-4 gas refill) and still it's still sqeaking like crazy. I gave it to a store to install for me cuz I didn't have time, but I wonder if there is anything, any application I can use to minimize the noise a little, or a lot?

thanks!

generally high performance pads ARE noisy.

since Ive never had the HP+ pads I cant speak for them though. Since a shop installed it, I would assume they used brake lubrication/brake quiet.

Is this the street or racing version. I have the streets and they're very quiet, no squeaks at all. The racing is strictly for that purpose and should not be used on the street (imo).

i wasn't aware that there is 2 version of the hp+ I bought it at a website recommended here. How long did it take your brakes to get quiet, or were they noisy at all?

HP+ aren't street pads. They are track pads. Noisy and dusty. I would never put them on for street use. Stick with HPS.

I will never use Hawks again... The ate my rotors completely, way too aggressive. Plus they always squeaked/were noisy.

On my old car, after the Hawk Plus, I started running stockers with upgraded rotors and brake lines... Perfect combo. Low dust and great stopping power... I had installed Hawks when I put my new wheels on and the dust from the Hawks ate though (damaged) the finish of the wheels.

On the MS3, I'm still on stockers. I think these pads are great, they stopped the car on a dime; even at 150MPH!!!! But the dust is driving me crazy!!!!!!

I don't know what pads I'll be switching to when the time comes. I hope mazda changes their compound on the stockers to reduce dust...if not, I might look into Axxis (I've heard good things about), EBCs, etc...

those are more commonly refered to as having midgets with whistles attached to the car....

My room mate has them on his RX8 and loves them...and the midgets with whistles...

Back