What Mods Do You Want First?

I'm hoping for a hood prop rod eliminator kit. Struts are just better to hold the hood open.

The front sway bar is 7/8" and the rear is 3/4"

I'd like those and a lighter hood :) Aluminum or CF if need be. The thing weights a ton right now.

But really, I would like to do mods in this order,

Tint
New Tires!! An absolute must before any other performance or suspension mod.
Springs (needs a drop of about 1-1.5" bad!)
Maybe some kind of light power mod, intake/exhaust.. get another 10-15hp if I am lucky maybe.

That's about it. My days of super modding are behind me.

Last edited:
Mazda3 is new. Eventually someone will make the adapter w/ the gas struts to fit.
There are such kits for CX9 also. It might take a few months of wait.

I got an email from redline tuning and they are going to be designing a kit shortly for the new 3. I used one of their kits on my 2013 focus and really liked it.

Got 35% tint all around today. Thinking about black vinyl roof now but not sure.
oqubDew.jpg

So far I've already added 15% tint. A lowering kit does sound nice but I'll wait and see what becomes available as time goes on. I really like the stock 2013 Mazdaspeed black rims, I'm curious how much those are going for.

Doesn't the 2.5 already have a SRI from corksport? Would that fit in the new 3?

I spoke with Corksport via Facebook. They don't have an SRI for the 2014 Mazda3s, yet. They have the 2.0L version. The 2.5L version will be out soon, they say. I'm guessing that the Mazda6/CX-5 version won't work for some reason (different MAF housing or basic fitment). Depending on how much power it makes, that may be the first thing I do (not counting the summer wheels I just bought that will sit in my basement for several months).

Got my set of 6000k HIDs in the mail today and went to install them. Wasn't able to finish because I was a dumb dumb and cut the adapter harness with the kit but over all changing the bulbs in this car is a PAIN IN THE ARSE!

40% window tint in the works. That will be my first "mod" as well.

I already got an auto dimming mirror with compass installed

Next mods are:

Tint
Scuff Plates
LED lights - interior, fogs, reverse & LP. 5k
Drop in air filter or maybe a short intake
Maybe sway bars along with better tires.
Possibly new wheels

Body molding and front lip like the SEMA car if they release those to the public.

If I remember correctly Corksport pulled pulled the 2.5 SRI off the market out of the market. Not sure why though.

I'd be really excited and impressed by those numbers! Considering that Mazda lists reduced restriction of air intake as one of the "SkyActiv" improvements in the new 3, I wasn't expecting very large gains in power from an aftermarket intake.

ddmtuning.com 5k HID kit already installed. I'm adding foglights, tint and wheels after winter

Good to know.

There was a post here saying that its a 9hp/12 lb-ft torque increase from the SRI on the Mazda6 hopefully it stays the same for the 3
Lets hope the numbers are anywhere close to that and that there isn't a sacrifice in fuel economy to achieve it.

I'd be really excited and impressed by those numbers! Considering that Mazda lists reduced restriction of air intake as one of the "SkyActiv" improvements in the new 3, I wasn't expecting very large gains in power from an aftermarket intake.
I am not expecting those kind of numbers either. I'll be very surprised if it turns out to be that much.

Back