What JL subs are those???

hyck

:
Mazda 3i
A friend of mine gave 2 12"s JL subs, they are a little old, but I have no idea what model they are, so that I can buy an amp for them. Any idea how to find out ? On them it doesn't say anything.

it will say on the back of the magnet. once you find out what kind they are, you can go to the JL audio website and look at what kind of power you can feed them.

i wouldnt say a lot. JL usually recommends around 300-350 watts RMS for their 12" subs. but it depends on which model it is since a W3 can handle more than a W0

oh and im not including W6's because any friends who gives away W6's is a friend id love to have :)

Post a picture of them (front and back). It should help us. How many speaker terminals does it have? One set of pos/neg or two?

Quickly check the surround...if it is made out of foam they are either really really old or they are W0s...rated at 125w RMS meaning a 250-300w RMS amp is all you need to power them.

I found a pic from the front

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 177
Foam surround right? Prolly W0s...see my post above. If you pull it out the model # will be on the back.

Back