What have you done to your P5 today?

Replacing my spark plugs, wires, and coil packs after i get home from work. See if i can bump up this 23 MPG I've been getting since I've had the p5

Finished my Ferdi plate install this morning at work after machining the case myself. Pretty pleased with the result. Pics in my build thread.

Started assembling the replacement motor. New bearings and gaskets, should be fine on the old rings after I put a new crosshatch in the cylinders. Just waiting on the new headgasket and random replacement gaskets to come in and then I can finally drive my car again. God I cant wait. Even without the turbo it'll be so much better then having to ride around on my motorcycle all the time.

^-- Those are some seriously nice pictures! Looks like you got your money's worth on those pads ;)

Over the weekend I removed the steering rack to depower it. What a pain in the ass. It's mostly done, I just need to reconnect the steering linkage inside the car.

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/UL4eA

Put in some LED backup lights yesterday.

At night (with a 45 degree hill behind me)

Sorry. I like whoring out my pics.

Looks like they are nice and bright. Probably come in handy backing out of driveways I'd bet.

Oh yeah! Especially considering my overnight delivery shifts. I could see it barely reflecting off the building in front of the red car (last pic, about 50 ft. away).

Want to do mine? LOL. Interested in hearing how it feels.

Finally hooked up the steering column tonight and realigned the clockspring.

You'll be happy to hear that it makes quite a big difference! I no longer have to fight with the car around low speed corners. Parking is still a b****, but not as bad as it used to be. Overall I'd say it was worth the effort.

Now I need to get an alignment...

Looked at it leaving in the truck this morning wishin it had a 505zoom air intake....................still hopin for the GB to actually happen.

Spent the better part of the day working on it. I finally replaced my broken parking brake linkage and the battery. I used a size 26R battery instead of the stock size since it's the smallest one I could find that wasn't crazy-expensive. I also installed a Progress rear anti-roll bar and some new endlinks. The understeer and body-roll reduction is very impressive, I can't wait to see the difference it makes on the track. I ended up getting the moog endlinks and was pleasantly surprised to see that not only are they much beefier than the stock ones, but they're also greaseable.

I still need to replace the front endlinks and all of the brakes. I was hoping that the rears would still be in good shape, but sadly the pads are quite thin and the rotors look like they've seen better days. Do you guys think it's worth it to throw 'performance' pads on the rear, or should I just get some midrange stuff instead?

Saturday morning, she had a face to face with a curb. The curb won. My daughter was driving and other than being shaken up she is doing ok. When I arrived I planned on throwing on the spare, driving her home and assessing the damage. Well......instead she was towed to a collision center, now I've got a 3-5 day wait to see what the estimate comes back at. Bumper, fender, wheel and tire will need to be replaced. Fender liner and side skirt might be salvageable. Def. some suspension damage but not sure just how much, thinking the lca, tie rod and maybe axle?

Not sure if she'll get totaled or not. Should that happen, I'll have a few parts f/s. If anyone is local and has some stock tails +$125, I can swap them out before she gets taken away and give you JDM tails in return....otherwise they go with her. :(

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P5 - Is This The End 2.jpeg
    P5 - Is This The End 2.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 323
  • P5 - Is This The End 3.jpeg
    P5 - Is This The End 3.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 324
  • P5 - Is This The End 4.jpeg
    P5 - Is This The End 4.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 319
  • P5 - Is This The End 5.jpeg
    P5 - Is This The End 5.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 316
  • P5 - Is This The End 8.jpeg
    P5 - Is This The End 8.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 322
Was your daughter trying to avoid hitting something on the road? Sorry you have to go through the hassle of having the car assessed and etc.

Wish I were local and could get those tails off ya.

Latest posts

Back