JaLMP5 Build/Progress Thread

JaLMP5

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
So I guess I'll start this out by explaining a little about myself and how I got a hold of the Protege 5. I'm in the US Navy stationed in NAS Patuxent River, MD. Was formerly stationed out of Norfolk on the USS Ponce. So on to the good stuff, how I got the P5. I was on a deployment overseas last year and after about a month after I got back my dad (former member LPSalsaman back in those days)explained to me that he was about to junk the P5 that he's had since 2001. BUT said that if I wanted it then I could have it! Only problem is it didn't run so I had to fix it first. So after getting permission from the wife (of course) I started to "FIX" it.

Before...
Before.jpg

Currently....
EngineBay1.jpg

ExhaustManifold1.jpg

TurboOutlet2.jpg

TurboOutlet3.jpg

Front1.jpg

Got plenty of more things going into it but waiting on the manifold and down pipe to get back from the powder coaters! I'm open to comments/suggestions/questions...whatever!

Last edited:
Thanks, I appreciate it. LOL I guess you can't tell from the pictures but it's a GT3071R.

the things id do for boost.

oh well. need to fix my RR fender arch and strip prep and paint the whole pig.

good bye HZ herro satin black

Here are some things that I need to install once I get some time. Hopefully this weekend if I can.

TWMShortShifter2.jpg

Damn, I love these lights!
JDMLights2.jpg

JDMLights1.jpg

CR3 Motorsports:5967244 said:
Sick looking manifold, did you make it yourself?
Actually a buddy made the manifold. That's one thing i hope to learn here shortly is to weld.

nk2a:5967275 said:
what other plans you got?
I've actually got more parts then time right now. The list of things I've got waiting for install right now are...AWR front and rear motor mounts, TWM short shifter and shifter bushings, JDM lights, Injector Dynamics 750cc injectors, Haltech Sprint 500, boost/oil pressure/WBO2 sensor gauges, fog deletes, AWR endlinks and the Yellow-speed coilovers that i just got in the mail today! I've also got a set of pauter rods and wiseco pistons waiting for when i can find a spare engine to forge.

Appreciate it! I'm looking forward to getting those big brakes that you guys developed too, hopefully sooner rather than later. But here's a pic of what I got in today.
YellowSpeedCoilovers1.jpg

I've been pretty busy the last week or so, I got my turbo setup installed, 750cc injectors in as well as the Haltech Sprint 500. Now I haven no idea about tuning EMS so here's where I need your help. Does anyone have a good base map to work from? If it helps, I currently don't have forged internals, am running a GT3071R with 750cc Injector Dynamics injectors. Any help would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back