What have you done to your P5 today?

Mocked up the inlet/outlets for my radiator and deleted the VRIS in my intake mani. (KL swap)

photobucket-6648-1362954003598_zps107e2d89.jpg

photobucket-5863-1362954018838_zpsba50263b.jpg

Found out that my oil pan needs sealing. Quite badly. Ill just start filling it up so the level doesn't drop too badly. Drove her 30ish miles today and there weren't any other issues.

Took advantage of the good weather too and I washed her. My ruse issue upsets me, but it's not too bad. Washing her was still enjoyable :)

What do you mean by "Monday pickup"?

And the first time in a year- why?? Gotta show her you still care ;)

Replaced the fading 8000K bulbs for a more modest 6000K pair... and realized how badly I need to clean up the DS headlight lens. Perhaps the last project I get to before spring break ends.

I haven't noticed any changes in coolant drippings lately. I'm going to add a little more to the reservoir tomorrow and check all of the hoses before I taker her into the shop to get the water pump checked.

Unmasked and driven like 50 mpg was the goal today........little autotragica popped up into 110+mph " the other day at the track" without any effort before I even knew it. Smooth lovely and solid. Had pedal left to test limiter too, but decided not to.........gotta let her stretch her legs once in awhile.

Last edited:
Took advantage of the beautiful weather here on Sat. and washed and waxed her. :) Thinking about ditching the HIDs and doing a retrofit.

sickspeed horns installed, and today will have to drive 150 miles to put a part on my brothers car that will take 5 minutes....

Possibly but when and where will that be? haha

Actually, a local member does retrofitting so I'd be going to his shop. Right now the only thing holding me back is my stingy ass...that and my hazed lenses. What good is a purdy retrofit behind some nasty lenses?

that and my hazed lenses. What good is a purdy retrofit behind some nasty lenses?

Just wet sand and buff them. That's what I did, bought a kit at the local auto parts store. They'll look shiny new. If you're super keen, buy some clear vinyl overlays and put them on afterwards to protect them from future hazing.

Before

D956B372-0871-4115-B79B-9BB07CAB8945-3916-0000075D4CAB3AFB.jpg

After

595EF826-2901-4ACB-8EDF-51A62E03D79B-3916-0000075D563B183A.jpg

Also note that even though my lenses weren't too hazy to begin with, my light output was greatly improved when all was said and done, with stock halogen bulbs.

Last edited:
Found out that when my windshield was replaced, the person who did the work put the windshield wipers on the opposite sides -_-

got my words crossed. just picked her up and she is beautiful will post pics tomorrow

okay, I was confuzzled there for a second. id like to see pics indeed :) speaking of bodywork, I talked to the PO earlier and he said he could score me a deal on getting my bodywork done so I may go ahead and look into that this coming summer. She'll be lookin rather purrdy :)

Still confused how someone professional could put the wipers on the wrong side -_- unless they weren't, in which case I can fully understand.

I think DDM sent me one 6000K bulb and one 8000K... that, or my headlight is aimed down too far and the light is just concentrated. Either way, not cool.

Back