What have you done to your P5 today?

I threw a bike at it.

DSCF0122-1.jpg

Installed SignatureSound coolant tank
Completed license plate magnet mod
- Used K&J Magnets DC4-N52 magnets inside bumper and DC2-N52 magnets on back of plate
- 2-part epoxy from kragen was used to adhere magnets to bumper and plate
- Magnets on plate were then taped over with a few layers of electrical tape to protect the bumper paint
Remounted one of the HID ballasts to a more hidden location since the bumper was off

Tank mounted to frame below oem air box
af797a04.jpg

780426ac.jpg

Bumper Removed
4eb60ec4.jpg

Magnets adhered to inside of bumper
8345276a.jpg

Video showing the back of the plate and the awesome sound it makes lol

Plate was tested to hold past 100 mph on a private paved road with no traffic

Circuit, do you foresee any issues with your reservoir tank being that much lower than the hose on top of the rad? I want to mount my tank down there to make room for the air filter but didn't think the rad would be able to pull the coolant up that far into the radiator if it started to over heat. Just thinking outloud. Everything looks sweet though. :)

Circuit, do you foresee any issues with your reservoir tank being that much lower than the hose on top of the rad? I want to mount my tank down there to make room for the air filter but didn't think the rad would be able to pull the coolant up that far into the radiator if it started to over heat. Just thinking outloud. Everything looks sweet though. :)

Hmmm I didn't know it needed to pull coolant back in when it was cooled down LOL. I will most likely move the tank back up once I go turbo since the airbox is in the way right now. Does the tube from the tank to the radiator need to be filled with coolant all the time?

Simon, so it's perfectly safe to mount the reservoir tank lower on the frame like Circuit has it?

And I always have my coolant overflow tank filled to the max line. I always thought if the radiator was out of fluid it would pull it from the reservoir, right?

Yea, thats pretty much what I was trying to say lol The overflow is based off of pressure, IE: if your radiator doesnt have enough coolant in it, it will create a pressure differential in the radiator, drawing the coolant out of the resovior. So the way circuit has his mounted is perfectly fine.

Hey I had an idea today when I was talking to my buddy, I was thinking of moving my fog lights to where the lower grille is. Has anybody done this and do you have pictures?

Good to know. Is the tube supposed to be full of coolant?

Half way should be good. I check mine every week.

So I am just waiting to get the money to pick up the SpeedCircuit turbo kit. Im trying to find things here and there to keep me busy till then. I have the radio bezel off and ill be cleaning up the fabrication that i did for it. Need to remove the Supercharger switch and replace it with whats going to be the Aux. fan switch for SCCA days.

ya lol, my car's a rebuild and they clearcoated over the side moldings.. of course I found that out after they were off. oh well.. car needs paint anyway

Test fitted my EVO8 wheels, dam they fit perfect, I cant wait to get them all on.
Also pulled the oil pan off and re sealed it, this time with a gasket and RTV sandwich.
Figured out the bolts at the end near the trans were too short, so they werent tightening all the way, threw 2 longer bolts in, and now that side is actually sealed, so no more smoking from the oil hitting the exhaust :) I love fixing little things

Back