What have you done to your P5 today?

Installed SignatureSound coolant tank
Completed license plate magnet mod
- Used K&J Magnets DC4-N52 magnets inside bumper and DC2-N52 magnets on back of plate
- 2-part epoxy from kragen was used to adhere magnets to bumper and plate
- Magnets on plate were then taped over with a few layers of electrical tape to protect the bumper paint
Remounted one of the HID ballasts to a more hidden location since the bumper was off

Video showing the back of the plate and the awesome sound it makes lol

Plate was tested to hold past 100 mph on a private paved road with no traffic

Nice! I might do this- having my plate on my dash is annoying. 100 mph eh? That musta taken a minute ;) I like the video too! lol I don't think that it's coming off too easily

not what i have done, but what i am thinking of doing tomorrow. Rolling my fenders with a baseball bat to add the rx8 rims with 215/35/18 tires. I want to make sure it clears before i even think of buying the tires for the rims i already got standing by in garage. Anyone do this yet or have to roll fenders to add the rx8 rims and that size tire? text me let me know 8087284517

Put on my Evo wheels, added camber in the front and rear. 2 degrees in front and 2.5 in the rear. and aligned the car at work.
I tore the s*** out of the alignment rack with my pinch welds lol We dont have any boards at my job, so I just rolled back a little and gunned it to get on.

also, just realized that the rear pads and rotors I ordered were for a MSP, damit. Oh well, theres a local MSP who totalled his car, so Im gonna check if he has rear calipers.

Undercoated the hell out of my car. Trying to protect it from it's first winter...lol

2011-10-22104906.jpg

2011-10-22105021.jpg

2011-10-22111643.jpg

This was this week, but I suppose it still counts. I installed new stoptech pads and drt slotted rotors on the front, but of course had a locked caliper, so I had to source one (not easy when you live in the middle of nowhere) and the installation stretched out much longer than I wanted. I bedded them in and they stop like nobody's business!

i take it your 5 is lowered? how far down?

If that was to me, I'm not sure what the drop is. I bought the car modded, and he's got what looks to be some generic, eBay lowering springs or something. The brand is "Factory".

This was this week, but I suppose it still counts. I installed new stoptech pads and drt slotted rotors on the front, but of course had a locked caliper, so I had to source one (not easy when you live in the middle of nowhere) and the installation stretched out much longer than I wanted. I bedded them in and they stop like nobody's business!

Nice.

I bought a set of Hawk HP+ pads for a track day I did a few weeks ago. I couldn't freaking beLIEVE how awesome they were!

Supercharger is out of the car. Packing it up to ship out.

The engine bay looks empty. Other than that just going to clean everything up for the instal.

Did an oil change tonight in record time! Mostly because I didn't spill any oil on the driveway and I filled it properly :p

The old stuff looked pretty nasty after 4500km, but the good news is that I only burned ~250ml (still had 3/4 from F on the dipstick).

i will post pics of complete finish, currently cleaning up exhaust to paint flat black. Its a Hayame exhaust. sounds pretty good. it was a pain in the A$$ at first to get installed just right. Too many mods and then i got rear ended which messed it up more, but so far so good. it was nice and chrome then built up rust. so sanding down right now, drill died, letting that charge up. then finish up and paint. Got some high temp header paint to do the job. I like the flat black look on the midnight blue color. looks pretty good. Anyone else have Hayame exhaust?

Supercharger is out of the car. Packing it up to ship out.

The engine bay looks empty. Other than that just going to clean everything up for the instal.

there two types of power i can add to p5, supercharger as you just took off and turbo right, two whole different things, right?

Filled the tank and stopped at Home Depot to buy a new green spot light for the Halloween decorations. After dinner took the fam for a drive to the in-laws to see their new puppy, a four month old white german sheperd.

I approve of flat black mufflers. I just used some high temp BBQ spray paint and it's held up really well.

I drove my loud, obnoxious P5 to a wedding today with my GF. I certainly got some weird looks... heh-heh

Back