What have you done to your P5 today?

That could be true about production, but a few weeks ago when I got my wheel bearings changed I had the parts guy price me up the whole front bumper/lip kit. He showed there was plenty of them readily available.

That's odd. I tried to buy one new like a year ago and there were none. My intake setup hasn't been done yet. Maybe ill do a write up when I do it.

Gauges are finally working...lol

Day...

2011-08-31194938.jpg

Night (you can see my red LED's under the dash too)

2011-08-31211700.jpg

2011-08-31211715.jpg

IMO the stock fog lights are useless so I got the deletes (though in the stock P5 bumper) and I like the cleaner look without those big, silly WRC-wannabe fog lights. I'm going to open up the drivers side delete for and air intake or both of them for brake cooling once the car is dedicated to track duties and summer cruises.

I like my giant fogs, cause it's a rally car!

DSC_2642.jpg

I'm proud of my fogs too! Got some flaps going on next week...however, mine will probably never see any off road action. Unless you count snow pack! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Haha! Nice, Ryan.

Personally, I barely noticed a difference when I had mine. Then one of them cracked and I replaced them with the near-stock Catz fogs. But I just didn't like them so I got the deletes. Maybe they work better with HID's installed but I didn't bother.

To stay on topic; I didn't do anything to my P5 but drive it to work today. But I'm going to get it all ready for a couple dyno pulls at Mid-Ohio the 16th. :)

My P5 is leaking rust again!
dRlZC.jpg

In other news, don't buy Mastercraft tools. My angle grinder s*** itself today, the bearing on the motor's output shaft disintegrated. Even though it has a 3 year warranty I can't get a replacement because I don't have the receipt nor can I buy a replacement bearing because they don't sell replacement parts for a 1 year old product. Stupid Canadian Tire.

If rally car... should have fog lights on!

I raised mine a bit so they actually helped some. Just filled in the front where the low beams dont get to.

I bent the tabs up on mine and used em as DRL's (before i removed em)

My P5 is leaking rust again!
dRlZC.jpg

In other news, don't buy Mastercraft tools. My angle grinder s*** itself today, the bearing on the motor's output shaft disintegrated. Even though it has a 3 year warranty I can't get a replacement because I don't have the receipt nor can I buy a replacement bearing because they don't sell replacement parts for a 1 year old product. Stupid Canadian Tire.
buy another like it, repair it using parts from newone return new one with old parts.

buy another like it, repair it using parts from newone return new one with old parts.

As much as I hate Canadian Tire, I'd feel wrong doing that (although it wouldn't be the first time). I bought a new angle grinder today which is nicer than my old one so I'm not in a rush to fix it. Eventually I'll find a replacement bearing and keep that grinder a spare.

Today I (hopefully) finished welding-in panels, tomorrow I'll clean out the interior and begin painting and sealing.

Finally put on my springs that I've had stored in my closet for about 4 months now... :) But i did find out all 4 of my struts were bad... :( so I will once again be taking out every single piece of plastic out of the back of my car to replace them sometime soon... Am I missing something there? The only way I could figure to get at the bolts to take out the rear struts and springs was to take out literally every single piece of plastic behind the front seats....

Also someone told me about air struts? Kinda like air bags but no bags are needed, just the struts... I may be sounding totally idiotic right now, but since i have to get new struts anyway I am curious... (My husband is already jealous because I am lower than him, Icing on the cake would to be able to flip switches before him :))

Ok on to the pictures... (sorry about the cell phone quality)

photo1.jpg

Intrax springs... even though they are not visible on the car, it still makes me happy that they are purple... :)

photo4.jpg

Old springs off, and new ones ready to go...

photo2.jpg

Also gave it an oil change while we were at it...

photo5.jpg

Finished product... and thats sitting on 2x4's... It dropped it so low we couldn't get it off the rack!!! :)

As much as I hate Canadian Tire, I'd feel wrong doing that (although it wouldn't be the first time). I bought a new angle grinder today which is nicer than my old one so I'm not in a rush to fix it. Eventually I'll find a replacement bearing and keep that grinder a spare.

Today I (hopefully) finished welding-in panels, tomorrow I'll clean out the interior and begin painting and sealing.
i don tunderstand why they dont have replacement parts and you have 3 year warranty. you should be able to walk in there and put your old grinder on the counter and have them fix it under their 3 year warranty. whats the purpose of the warranty then if you cant have it fixed?

i don tunderstand why they dont have replacement parts and you have 3 year warranty. you should be able to walk in there and put your old grinder on the counter and have them fix it under their 3 year warranty. whats the purpose of the warranty then if you cant have it fixed?

Canadian Tire doesn't "fix" anything, they just give you a replacement. I was hoping I could order the part to fix it myself because the instruction booklet has a exploded view of the tool with a parts list, but apparently they don't sell any replacement parts for that grinder (which they still sell in store!).

There is a 3 year warranty, but without a receipt they have no idea when he bought the thing, so they cant fix it.

^Yup.

The thing looks brand new, it's really pathetic. I doubt the receipt would have even lasted this long, after a few months anything printed on thermal paper like that becomes illegible (the text literally fades away). Suffice to say, I won't be buying tools from them again.

i would have them look up the serial# when it was produced. i bet it was within the last 3 years. i dont think they stock these things in a warehouse somewhere forever. they must know production date and that should be enough to prove it was purchased within warranty. canadians get screwed enough with high prices for everything else so i think you should make them go this far for their low quality product. im actually in canada now (mississauga) and i just had a few days to see the price ridiculousness here.

Latest posts

Back