What have you done to your P5 today?

Question for yee!!

Heatshield between resonator and shifter......do i need it?

It's a total PITA cause it is either rattling aginst the shifter or the resonator

Can I just take it off???

And, i did a custom LED bar in the hatch(cause i broke my hatch light)

1d90a48e.jpg

895989cf.jpg

And, tucked an LED strip into the MSP foglight delete

Too ricey though, so i took it out

84b69e0d.jpg

Last edited:
Not completely necessary. You can't just bend it out of the way? I have the TWM shifter which came with some spacers but when I installed my CS exhaust I had to play with the heatshield a little. Hasn't rattled since.

it was fine, then i put on the OBX, so it rattled, then i fixed it, then i went back to the stock header, so it rattled and i fixed it, then put on the Ractive, it rattled so i fixed it, then went back to stock, then back to the Ractive again

I've pretty much beat and bent it so out of shape....

Fires are bad...just have to beat it in the right spots. I wrestled with mine continuously then I swapped my motor a did it again then welded my divorced pipe with the bigass cutout with absolutely no room and its perfect. I'm dreading the day I replace that damn exhaust. I'd rather disassemble my transmission! A lift would be a piece of cake.

yeah, i don't want fire........

crap.....looks like i'll be back in the garage in the morning tweaking it

It really shouldn't be too much of an issue if you remove it. The shifter *might* get a little hotter but unless you have a metal shifit knob you won't notice a thing.

i've got a TWM metal knob, but, if i can take the knob sitting in the sun all day, i think i'm good to go

Off comes the shield tomorrow morning then

If the car catches fire, i'll put it back on

Had mine off for the past 2 years, and no problem with it. and if ur car ever catches on fire, be sure to tell me, so i can put it back on XD

off topic but anyone have OBX 421 headers? *************.com has em, but not sure if its acutally a 421. and any fitment issues?

so i finally put on my yellow rockblockers. i bought the headlight and foglight kit..took them fricken 2 weeks to reply to my email. when it finally arrived, they got my order wrong..at least they sorted it out. (no wonder they arent an AV anymore...i didnt notice ><)

anyways the headlight overlays didnt line up at all. it didnt line up with the curves either. was missing some material too..ended up trashing it...but the foglights on the other hand, it has decent fit. at least now i have peace of mind while driving on the freeway..didnt want to shatter the glass.

i've got a TWM metal knob, but, if i can take the knob sitting in the sun all day, i think i'm good to go

Off comes the shield tomorrow morning then

If the car catches fire, i'll put it back on

put an ipod nano sock over it, thats how i deal with super cold shift knobs iin the winter

I'm finally going to finish my interior trim painting project after nearly two years. All I have left to do is the radio surround so I pulled the radio and climate control stuff and remove the surround. It's currently been sanded and primer is applied. I just need to wait several hours before I sand again then paint. After that I'll have to wait about a day, sand a little more and apply some light coats of satin clear. This is the process I used with the other pieces (window control trims, door handles and the center console trim) and it looks pretty good. A light texture and no shine - like it would look from the factory. Smooth and glossy looks too ricey to me.

Removed the AWR rear sway until I can get new struts. Breaking that tab off the one strut for the endlink really sucks. :(

Shut-it. I've wanted bronze wheels for a while. Plus, I have a hook-up on an awesome powder-coater. I like how everything is copying you. Get over it. You aren't the first person to put RPF1's on a Protege. You aren't doing anything original (especially now that slideshow is running the craxy offsets), accept that.

Maybe I'll just leave them silver for now...

i would leave them silver...ok i know i say it all the time but alot of wheels look good polished. maybe polish them? i have always liked the RPF1's though. there is a mazda3 wagon or hatch at some apartments around the corner. they are good looking wheels.

and my offsets sound crazy but they dont look too crazy when actually done. i could go with a 15mm and slight pull in the rear. i might go 8" and 9" wheels soon. we will see. dont have the money right now

got the heatshield off from between the resonator and shifter, just needed a little love, but, no more rattle!!!

And, i have gained a DEFINITE pop from the right rear when i swerve right to left, whenever the weight shifts.

I snapped some pics and don't know if the Tokico's were already bent like this??

But, i did also notice i was missing a rubber gasket on teh AWR's, so, that would be the source of the popping?

If so, i can live with it, just want to know if that's what is causing it

2375d3eb.jpg

e8435c3d.jpg

Back