What have you done to your P5 today?

Installed PLX DM-100 OBDII Scanner Gauge

the PLX Guage Is freakin amazing... wish i didn't have to work so i could play with it more. It monitors every OBDII sensor on the car... Plus you can see your LTFT , STFT, AIT, MAF, you name it. Also you can data log with your laptop. Can't wait till i get a day off to play with it more.

uhh, Pics!

coilpack decided to blow up on the freeway the other day.

had to limp off the freeway with 3 cylinders (conviently in a ghetto area)

popped the hood to find a ****** coilpack, with boot pieces all shattered.

Had it towed to the shop, turns out my cyl 4 spark plug came loose over time, finally decided to pop out, and busted the coil pack boot.

luckily i have 2 spare CP at my house, got it installed and all was good. Tipped the mechanic who pulled the broken pieces out of my cylinder.

car runs fine now.

I dont overtighten my plugs, i hand tighten, and than just a little bit more. I guess i just didnt tighten that one down enough...

Dyno'd only 207 whp and 209 wtq :(

Sad face because I dyno'd 215 whp and 220 wtq back in April on a different dyno (both dynojets though). Since then I had added a new fuel rail, new FMIC kit and a new exhaust manifold. To make an excuse I was only running 8-9 psi instead of the full 10. I think I have a leak somewhere in my intake.

I also got a new, free IAT sensor from Forcefed. Popped it in, started the car and the CEL was gone immediately. My voltmeter readings also went back up to 14 volts instead of the ~13.5 it had been with the bad sensor. At least one thing is fixed...

Latly, I'm debating on power coating my RPF1's bronze or black. Any opinions? Silver, bronze or black? Anyone want to chop this picture for me?
enkei_wheel_rpf1_(silver)_angle_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
Or bronze, then you will officially be copying me (argh)
Shut-it. I've wanted bronze wheels for a while. Plus, I have a hook-up on an awesome powder-coater. I like how everything is copying you. Get over it. You aren't the first person to put RPF1's on a Protege. You aren't doing anything original (especially now that slideshow is running the craxy offsets), accept that.

Maybe I'll just leave them silver for now...

picked up some dynamat for the speakers at the front doors for $13

Installed it along with the 5x7 Polk Audio speakers using the stock wires in the doors

Turns out left door has my mids, and the right door handles my highs

I have no idea what happened.......so, i'm probably gonna hit up the local audio shop to see if they can fix it

The entire rim will be one color - I'm not into the painted/polished rim look. I think I'm just going to leave them silver for now. That way they don't get confused for Rota Sbzeros.

Put on the rear wiper delete...also the MP3 front splitter...

Took out the rear seats as well and test fitted the Speed3 ones...WOW...the fitment is great...they are very close to the same size...I have an appointment Monday to get them looked at to see how much work it is going to be...

Woah woah woah, I was just kidding.

What is their to accept?

1st) I don't even have RPF1's yet and not getting them anymore and when did I say I was the 1st?
2nd) Slideshow is my gooon and I knew what he was doing
3rd) Who said anything about original? I don't care what people think about my car or what I do with it.

But originally when we got in that argument over ce28s and I kept calling them ugly on your car and I said I am getting rpf1's. Hmmmm, look what wheel you ended up getting. I was just joking with the bronze

no access to speed3 seats! plus im one handed right now, i can hardly button my pants, let alone make a pb&j sandwhich, or install seats!

you shouldve snapped a pic while they were in...would be interested in seeing em

I didn't even think about that until I put the stock ones back in...

Do the work yourself!!

I would, but I am definitely not an upholstery guy and there is going to need to be a bit of trimming up...

no access to speed3 seats! plus im one handed right now, i can hardly button my pants, let alone make a pb&j sandwhich, or install seats!

Lol...I have an extra set of fronts now...they will be up FS shortly...

i think either way you go they'll look good
Danke. I've got some black extended lugnuts coming to go with them. I'll probably also paint my calipers black as well (instead of the red they currently are). I'm nearing completion with the exterior of the car. I just need to paint the upper half of my DG lip and install it, paint the rear valence black, and remove the side mouldings. Other options down the line consisit of getting and painting a CF hood an completely removing the roof racks.
Woah woah woah, I was just kidding.

What is their to accept?

1st) I don't even have RPF1's yet and not getting them anymore and when did I say I was the 1st?
2nd) Slideshow is my gooon and I knew what he was doing
3rd) Who said anything about original? I don't care what people think about my car or what I do with it.

But originally when we got in that argument over ce28s and I kept calling them ugly on your car and I said I am getting rpf1's. Hmmmm, look what wheel you ended up getting. I was just joking with the bronze
Eh, so I changed my mind. I still like the CE28N's I just don't see the point in dropping $2k+ on wheels for this car. Too many other things that require money.

Back