What have you done to your P5 today?

I didn't do anything to my P5 today, but a taxi driver put a couple of gouges in my back bumper after rear-ending me (as in colliding into the back of my car...). Thankfully, no other damage. I couldn't believe how well it handled the impact.

Swapped out my 626 IM for another one to see if my throttle cable issue would be fixed. Alas, apparently my car is an anomoly when it comes to throttle cables so I had to drill out out the throttle cable bracket holes a little. Idle and driving is a little better but still not what is was before. Oh well, overall a very productive day with helping tear apart a friend's MSP.

I put mine in the shop today for a few hours to get front wheel bearing replaced. Then im going to install tokico struts later this month with top and bottom grill with triple a pillar with gauges then custom paint job inside and a nice touch up on the outside.

since it was sunny and upper 50s here today in good 'ole southern Ohio I pulled the car out and washed it. My 15 yr old son got home early from snowboarding at perfect north and decided to teach him how to put a coat of wax on it too. I cannot believe it's 5 years old now...
Yeah, I know it's dark, sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_4128 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4128 (Large).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_4129 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4129 (Large).JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 320
60 degress out already so hopefully I'll get to cleaning the P5 today. I promised the g/f to a few things but hopefully they won't get in the way! (glare) I need to vacuum out the interior something fierce and I'd love to wash/wax/etc the exterior but it's supposed to rain tomorrow. I'm debating whether it's worth it or not.

Drove her to work for the first time in over a week!

New PAR 1-4 gearset and Speedcircuit Longblock...

Let the breakin begin!! Soundclip of the PAR gears will follow once I figure out what's wrong with my damn camera!

Drove her to work for the first time in over a week!

New PAR 1-4 gearset and Speedcircuit Longblock...

Let the breakin begin!! Soundclip of the PAR gears will follow once I figure out what's wrong with my damn camera!

NOICE! I'm looking forward to it! :)

ordered short shifter and smoked rock bocker head lights and fog lights overlays

Don't run with your fogs on in city driving. I have had mine on for a little over a year and noticed that they have burn marks. Rock blocker states that they need to have air flowing over them to dissipate the heat.

Called the insurance co. this morning and a glass guy is coming Wed. My daughter noticed a two inch crack on the PS windshield on the way to the bus stop this morning.

I run with my fogs in the city, but, I don't have rockblockers anymore.

I want a new windshield badly!! I don't know what the heck happened to mine. It looks like it's been sandblasted. Tiny little knicks all over the thing. At first i thought it was from when I drove behind a car that drove through some nice fresh spilled paint on the road, but, they won't scrape off. Thinking of throwing a rock at it and getting a new one.

Tylor

I didn't do anything to my P5 today, but a taxi driver put a couple of gouges in my back bumper after rear-ending me (as in colliding into the back of my car...). Thankfully, no other damage. I couldn't believe how well it handled the impact.

as opposed to rear ending as in... (butthump)
haha!

i made a DIY grounding kit cost $4 for some connectors... and i also painted my rear valance $5.60.. $10 for some cheap mods today.. its been a good day....
Also its been 12 degrees C here today thats why im modding supposed to hit -8 tonight again.. im sad..

Pro5x2... just make sure to do it in the dark and to call the police in the morning and file a report that someone smashed it....

Ah, don't need the police. Insurance will do it fine.

I actually crack'd my previous windshield in the Jeep going through the woods. Lowlying branch decided it wanted a taste of glass. WHAM!! And a crack just runs from the top corner of the passneger side down to the middle. Called up insurance the next day and they had somebody out there the following day.

With all the construction going on around here, there are lots of rocks getting kicked up

Tylor

Well, I got around to installing the tranny mount today. (flash)
It was pretty easy actually, except the bolt closest to the firewall is a pita.
You will need to support the transmission with a small jack.
Basically you need to remove the intake, the battery, and battery tray. Then you will have better access to remove the mount. Lining up all the bolts seemed to be a little tricky on my car. We needed to jack the tranny up and down a bit line everything up.
Anyway, we got it all in and fired up the car, and I noticed an immediate increase in vibration. Not in a bad way, though. I also have the awr front mount and passenger side inserts. Funny, it does vibrate more when driving than it does when at idle. It also translates a lot more tranny noise up in the cabin. My friend and I both noticed it. Not a problem for me, but I can see where it may annoy certain people. Although it does vibrate quite a bit, I'd say the rear mount vibrates more than this. My other friends car was insane compared to this...he had passenger side inserts, front and rear mounts. I'm sure it will get worked in and soften up a little as time passes.
Any way here are some pics...

Intake removed:
awr%20mount%20001.jpg

Battery removed:
awr%20mount%20003.jpg

Stock vs AWR:
awr%20mount%20004.jpg

AWR mount installed:
awr%20mount%20006.jpg

awr%20mount%20009.jpg

Battery re-installed:
awr%20mount%20012.jpg