What have you done to your P5 today?

Oh no this thread is dying!

I've been waiting to say this for quite some time. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I used my Protege5 as a grocery-getter :). My hatch swallowed up the BJs unit of paper towels like a champ.

That reminds me. I should put my trunk back together, it is still apart from installing my struts last weekend.

Tonight I'm going to clean out my garage so that I can get my snow tires put away in the garage closet. Then I'll probably vaccuum out the car and maybe do a little carpet cleaning post-winter. The Mazdaspeed floormats will be going back in :)

Filled her up........296 miles even on the trip odometer and $28 even at $2.31 a gallon for 24.42mpg. Damn I haven't broke 26mpg since I got her. Well the end of winter gas is here so I got high hopes for the 30's (thumb)

yesterday i drove to IL and met up with ken and brother from protege garage for lunch.

I picked up my new bumper, got home, installed it.

The color actually matches.
newbumper.JPG

newbumper2.JPG

oldbumper.JPG

Last edited:
zverg said:
Oh no this thread is dying!

I've been waiting to say this for quite some time. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I used my Protege5 as a grocery-getter :). My hatch swallowed up the BJs unit of paper towels like a champ.

That reminds me. I should put my trunk back together, it is still apart from installing my struts last weekend.

Tonight I'm going to clean out my garage so that I can get my snow tires put away in the garage closet. Then I'll probably vaccuum out the car and maybe do a little carpet cleaning post-winter. The Mazdaspeed floormats will be going back in :)

make sure you know where all the clips go. i had one left over when i had my struts installed and damned if i know where it goes.

Picked her up from the body shop. They did an amazing job! Putting the Nezarts back on tomorrow!!!

NJP5Guy said:
make sure you know where all the clips go. i had one left over when i had my struts installed and damned if i know where it goes.

I have quite a few missing clips back there.. I'd say most of them are missing. In fact, I recall removing all the interior trunk trim without needing to remove any of the little clips. :p

I should probably order a bag of like 4 dozen of them.

I'm going to go to the ripoff dealership and buy an oil filter so I can do my oil change today.

I just witnessed a group of business-knobs leave the building that i work in and do a walk-around on my p5. (they must be used to seeing ricers (ricer) , not hott ass mazdas!!) i am glad that I got the new bumper put on it last night.! (thumb)

Last edited:
zverg said:
I have quite a few missing clips back there.. I'd say most of them are missing. In fact, I recall removing all the interior trunk trim without needing to remove any of the little clips. :p

I should probably order a bag of like 4 dozen of them.

I'm going to go to the ripoff dealership and buy an oil filter so I can do my oil change today.

buy from here. ajusa. i get k&n filters for $9. no shipping on 25 or more...which is three filters. with thos filters you need a 1 inch socket

zerorossi said:
I just witnessed a group of business-knobs leave the building that i work in and do a walk-around on my p5. (they must be used to seeing ricers (ricer) , not hott ass mazdas!!) i am glad that I got the new bumper put on it last night.! (thumb)

thats happened to me too! cool!!:)

bazooka joe said:
pics...pics!
I'll post before and afters tomorrow. I'm gonna put the wheels on and give her a good cleaning! My baby's back! I can't believe how much I still love this car after having it for over a year now(I usually get bored with cars fairly quickly, hehe).

snowblazin said:
I'll post before and afters tomorrow. I'm gonna put the wheels on and give her a good cleaning! My baby's back! I can't believe how much I still love this car after having it for over a year now(I usually get bored with cars fairly quickly, hehe).

my love affair is still going on after 4 1/2 yrs!!

Back