What have you done to your P5 today?

Altspace what do you think?
P3100022.jpg

Hy8us,
If you like that blue lens look get yourself some silverstar bulbs for the turn signals. They still light up orange but they have an irridescent blue coating that gives that look. 20 dollars for the pair of bulbs though >_<

altspace, are those silverstar bulbs in your high beams? w/e they are it looks badass..im thinkin about gettin the silverstar turn signals for mine

redpr5 said:
altspace, are those silverstar bulbs in your high beams? w/e they are it looks badass..im thinkin about gettin the silverstar turn signals for mine

Thx! I do have Silverstars in my lowbeams and fog lights, but to get the blue effect you need a bulb that's coated with the blue. I found some for cheap on eBay. I think I posted this a few pages back.

Drove her hard on the commute home but did stop for a bath. Wasn't the best but it was free (the dealer I bought it at has a courtesy wash). Gotta love winter in the NE.

Hope to get some 'clean' pics tomorrow....as long as it doesn't rain overnight.

altspace said:
Thx! I do have Silverstars in my lowbeams and fog lights, but to get the blue effect you need a bulb that's coated with the blue. I found some for cheap on eBay. I think I posted this a few pages back.

awesome, yea i figured that youd need a blue bulb for that effect. it looks hella nice, ill prob go with the silverstar turn signals, and rockblocker blue on my fogs...too bad the turn signals dont light up blue, know of any place that might sell some that do?

Unless you want to be hassled by the Police, I suggest staying away from turn signal bulbs that lightup blue.

altspace said:
Unless you want to be hassled by the Police, I suggest staying away from turn signal bulbs that lightup blue.

Not only that, but consider the reason that front turn signal bulbs must light up amber. It is easily recognizeable but not distracting. When people have crazy bright white or fun colored turn signal bulbs it is distracting for other motorists.

Just go with the silverstar bulbs (available at your local auto parts store) or the much cheaper ones on eBay. Just make sure the ones on eBay still light up amber (or orange, or whatever you want to call it).

why the hell am I still browsing these forums, I was supposed to be out of here over an hour ago! :D

Oh, I almost forgot.

what have I done to my P5 today? I loaded it full of my computers (well the 5 I couldn't be without over spring break), my mountain bike, and various other things.

Sadly although my roof rack crossbars are here in Connecticut, the bolts that hold the crossbars down, all the plastic cover pieces, and the slides for the rear bar are all sitting in New York. ugh. I have to find a way to fit everything in the car hopefully without having the seats down because that unleashes the wrath of my exhaust. One of these days I'll sound deaden the trunk.

After loading up the car I got some petrol for the car (87 octane because I don't have the MP3 ecu until I get back to school) and drove the 360 miles or so back to school.
I don't know why that was all in the past tense. I haven't done anything yet :p

When I arrive back at my apartment I'll hopefully be installing my racing beat rear sway bar, MP3 ECU, and AWR front motor mount (again, this time with 70 durometer instead of 95).

altspace said:

i second this! i had them.. yeah they look cool but they arnt worth the trouble.. if you are wanting blue looking ones do what someone said. get those silverstars that are like 20 bux a pop. oh and you can pick them up at your local ricerzone(autozone) or oripmeoffs(oreily's).

but on a differnt note.. im building my new sub a box.. and then putting that plus the amp in.. hopefully its loud..

and i took some pics this morning here are a few of them..btw they kidna suck cuz of camera phone.. but some of them are pretty cool

Attachments

• 706976246_ORIG.jpg
    706976246_ORIG.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 706976258_ORIG.jpg
    706976258_ORIG.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 706976242_ORIG.jpg
    706976242_ORIG.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 706976253_ORIG.jpg
    706976253_ORIG.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 164
altspace said:
Seems the police like to be the only ones with neat looking blue lights (thumb)

Anyway, I detailed the crap otta my baby. Hit up the doorjams and engine. Rain-X'ed the winshield and back window. tried to figure out how my roof rack fillers go in still cant figure it out (ya i'm serious i cant do it, i think mine are defective or i am lol). Took some pics at a park to relize my drivers side headlight is foged up from the inside and i cant get it to clear up (angry)

HOLY 56K BAD FER JOO

sweet pics, yo.... I lika the rims and I lika the ass...

Today I cleaned wheel wells...repainted calipers....installed AWR adjustable endlinks....put 5Zigen FNO1R-C wheels on...installed Greddy Evo catback. I'm tired...

Last edited:
Back