What have you done to your P5 today?

amsgator said:
what about the gold part in the awr mount? the sls doesnt have that. thats what i was curious about. the street unit mounts have that part as well.
My understanding is that the black part on the SLS mount does the same thing as the gold part on the AWR mount. It is designed differently, but it does the same thing. Once you get under there, you'll see that either of these will work.

Dim said:
My understanding is that the black part on the SLS mount does the same thing as the gold part on the AWR mount. It is designed differently, but it does the same thing. Once you get under there, you'll see that either of these will work.

thats what i thought at first. well Chris said not to jack the car up, and i cant crawl under mine so i guess i'l just have to feel around for the nuts. does anyone have this installed? pics? good mount? price good for quality?

amsgator said:
thats what i thought at first. well Chris said not to jack the car up, and i cant crawl under mine so i guess i'l just have to feel around for the nuts. does anyone have this installed? pics? good mount? price good for quality?
FIRST, locate the mount in the engine bay so that you have an idea where it is (take off the top part of the stock intake if you have it).

As far as the bottom two bolts, you'll be able to see them easily--just look under the front bumper. They will be looking right at you :)

Dim said:
FIRST, locate the mount in the engine bay so that you have an idea where it is (take of the top part of the stock intake if you have it).

As far as the bottom two bolts, you'll be able to see them easily--just look under the front bumper. They will be looking right at you :)

i have an sri so that parts easier at least :) i dont think i can crawl under the bumper w/o jacking the car up and chris said not to jack it up. :-\ but i've seen where it is, just havent really tried to see how its on there

Well I finally found out why my left rear tire was always underinflated - two screws have inbedded themselves into the tire. So now I need to go find out if it can be repaired...

On another note I also found out that my tires have been rubbing the inside fender lining in the rear - it looks like too much offset. Anyone else here run into this problem with MSP wheels and Tein S-Tech's?

i put my new fog light bulbs in like 30min ago and i bent that little shield thing up so my lights actually light up. ill have to check it when it gets dark to really see how it is.

amsgator said:
what exactly does a torn/shattered mount look like?
I think the rubber bushing would be torn or deteriorated.
redpr5 said:
i put my new fog light bulbs in like 30min ago and i bent that little shield thing up so my lights actually light up. ill have to check it when it gets dark to really see how it is.
Cool, I'd like to know if it makes a difference.

redpr5 said:

still got to bend mine up. i've been sick so i havent been able to crawl under my car w/o my head exploding. but once i am better i'll do that as well.

ok double checking previous topic... the street unit and awr shake the hell out of the car? and the sls not so much? just tryin to decide which way to go when the time comes.

redpr5 said:
My guess is they'll suck a little less than before. :)

whitemp5seattle said:
better not let anybody carrying infants get in your car either lol

I like my babies shaken not stirred (outie)

But yes, the increased vibrations.. very, very minimal. I can't really tell you more precisely than that because I have a torn side mount so yeah.. even with that though, it's not enough to rattle the dash at all.

whitemp5seattle said:
better not let anybody carrying infants get in your car either lol
pwner_laugh.gif

Back