What have you done to your P5 today?

Hit something this morning on my way to work. I believe it was a chunck of ice in the road as it was 3:30am. Anyway, ran right over it with my PS front tire and I thought for sure it was blown. :'( I need not say what my first reaction was... Anyway got to work and everything appeared ok. Got to run out at lunch so I will check it then.

drove to work on my spare after i wrecked my stock wheels last friday, and my spare went flat! I'm getting tires put on my new wheels today so all this mess will finally be over!

does anyone know where OBX header is made? i am about to buy one off ebay but the box says korea so i was j/w.

JoshP5 said:
How dare you doubt Korean craftsmanship! :)

lol. i just checked and the seller has a regular website as well with yahoo marketplace or w/e it is, so i think it's ok. the only thing is, is the website says its a two piece header and the ebay listing says 1. so thats the only thing thats got me now. idk why it says 2 piece on the website

FrolessWonder said:
drove to work on my spare after i wrecked my stock wheels last friday, and my spare went flat! I'm getting tires put on my new wheels today so all this mess will finally be over!

Sux about your stocker and the spare...on a lighter note, it wasn't one of your new wheels.

phazed_mp5 said:
bout to go to the shop and get my new rims. kyowa 206's ::drool:: im so excited
? haven't heard of these before. who makes them? links?

well, went to get the headlight covers put on at lunch - finally - but when i got to the shop i found out that the vht eyelids had peeled and chipped!!!! argh!!!!!! don't know if it happened when washing the car after work yesterday (it was pretty chilly) or what. pisses me off :( so i couldn't get the vinyl put on the headlights today. trying to touch up the small spots on the eyelids, while the headlights are on the car, will be too much of a b**** to do - hence the reason i did the eyelids before i put the new headlights on the car.

luckily, the shop has some very dark tinted vinyl that will work - i'll just match the shape of the eyelid and use the vinyl to cover the whole thing, then the clear over the whole headlight to prevent more, you guessed it, chips!

oh, and got two nice chips in the windshield while driving at lunch today. (eek2) i'll have to go by the windshield shop to see if they need to be filled in so they don't spread. should've just stayed at work for lunch today :(

Are they all accounted for? I KNOW they're all there because by the time I'm done cleaning them, I can't move my hand :'(

i was gonna put in my new fog light bulbs today, but i cant get the nut off the back of the bracket to pull the light out :( oh well, ill try it again another day (hopefully i wont break anything)

bazooka joe said:
bruce, did you not go by me on 106 in easton yesterday morn around 10:30??

If you mean Sunday, then that sounds about right. I must have been asleep or my wife was bending my ear.

Just got back a few hours ago. She turned 135k on the way home. Got 27mpg going up doing 75 with huge headwinds and 34 coming home with a huge tailwind. Took her to the carwash again to get her cleaned up.

Kansei said:
in winter.. yeah nvm have fun with all those potholes (boom08)

Oh yeah, they get worse every year. No way I could live with a lowered P5 in the west island north of the 20.

altspace said:
Need pics foo.
im goin to take real pics, but here is a snap of the engine bay. this is the first time ive ever cleaned the engine bay. took an entire bottle of degreaser haha

Attachments

• cleanengine.jpg
    cleanengine.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 306
Back