What have you done to your P5 today?

holy crap. personally not a fan of the color but you did a great job and it did turn out really good.

Oh okay, thanks for the heads up, dang typos. And thanks 323 if my p5 was a different color I would have gone a little more flashy, but it's pure white with black trim and interior so Matte black it is.

Thanks guys, I stripped them all the way to bare metal with paint stripper and wire wheel, then filled any major curb rash or pitting with metal reinforced body filler, sanded smooth and painted with duplicolor wheel paint and matte clear coat. All 4 wheels for less then 50 bucks though.

Horseflesh, if you made sure they where nice and smooth that would look really nice, but the white would show defects worse.

Thanks guys, I stripped them all the way to bare metal with paint stripper and wire wheel, then filled any major curb rash or pitting with metal reinforced body filler, sanded smooth and painted with duplicolor wheel paint and matte clear coat. All 4 wheels for less then 50 bucks though.

Horseflesh, if you made sure they where nice and smooth that would look really nice, but the white would show defects worse.
Cool thanks for the heads up. I have gone so far as to strip one with a wire wheel, then protege A.D.D set in and got distracted with other things ( hehe like clutches etc ).

FullSizeRender-XL.jpg

off with the brittle plastic!

I'm real lucky my roof rack plastic is in good shape. Is that a gps module on your roof? Never thought of running mine up there, I went to the top of the struts inside under the plastics

Just removed my satellite radio antenna recently since it was an ancient portable unit from the end of the 20th century and hasn't been used in 12 yrs or so. To the left of the radio antenna in the pic. Was also magnetic.

323F_Mar2012_07.JPG

Last edited:
i've been meaning to remove it because i don't use it. you know how it goes. lazy and busy doing adult things

Oh gotcha, those antennas look identical to my GPS antenna, and mine is magnetic to. I just never even thought to run it outside the car, seems like a good idea though.
If I had more time my whole car would be overhauled, lol. All I've done in a month has been paint 4 wheels, adult things, lol

yes, yes. adult things always win
Only on the 8th day of the week during the 13th month of the year in the 11th yr of the decade. They may demand prioritized attention but win? .................(dunno)

Last edited:
Did the Throttle body coolant bypass mod today. Went for a drive this morning before the mod, came home and felt the actual throttle body with my hand and it was almost too hot to touch. Granted I did just go down the street for coffee but did get up to full operating temps. Then after I did this mod, went out and smashed around fairly hard, came home and felt the Throttle body again and it was cool enough to grab and hold on to. Not sure if it's me, a placebo or what but damn car feels better now. No joke. Not like night and day, but noticable for sure. Seems really smooth.
15 year old hoses don't want to come off easy and I split on up pretty good so that part sucked. But would do this mod again in a heartbeat.

In other news, I painted some interior parts wrinkle black. Looks ok.

amazing what happens when you get rid of 170+ degree coolant running to the throttle body ;) throttle body will only heat up to the temperature of the metal on the intake manifold now instead of the internal coolant temp of the motor. i need to get off my ass and do that already... been putting it off for a while now. need to get my megan rear control arms installed first though, get rid of all that nasty added toe and extra rear camber!

amazing what happens when you get rid of 170+ degree coolant running to the throttle body ;) throttle body will only heat up to the temperature of the metal on the intake manifold now instead of the internal coolant temp of the motor. i need to get off my ass and do that already... been putting it off for a while now. need to get my megan rear control arms installed first though, get rid of all that nasty added toe and extra rear camber!

It really is amazing. I was merely doing this because I heard this would help reduce pinging. So far so good. Will report any issues.
I didn't use any connectors or anything. Just simply disconnected the upper TB coolant hose at the engine side, then disconnected the lower TB hose (at the TB) and reconnected the lower hose to where I removed the upper portion. That's it. Done.
Then connect the upper hose from the TB to the lower TB outlet, just it's case you want to go back to stock.

Why does the coolant run through the throttle body?

This is to make sure the coolant didn't freeze up in colder climates. But since I'm in Cali I don't need to worry about that hehe

Last edited:
Did the Throttle body coolant bypass mod today. Went for a drive this morning before the mod, came home and felt the actual throttle body with my hand and it was almost too hot to touch. Granted I did just go down the street for coffee but did get up to full operating temps. Then after I did this mod, went out and smashed around fairly hard, came home and felt the Throttle body again and it was cool enough to grab and hold on to. Not sure if it's me, a placebo or what but damn car feels better now. No joke. Not like night and day, but noticable for sure. Seems really smooth.
15 year old hoses don't want to come off easy and I split on up pretty good so that part sucked. But would do this mod again in a heartbeat.

In other news, I painted some interior parts wrinkle black. Looks ok.

pix of coolant bypass mod pls!

Back