What have you done to your P5 today?

my oil level got pretty low due to the motor burning it and i started getting some noise from the top end (luckily i was pulling into work). topped it off and all the noise went away but ive now got a tiny sputter every few seconds which ill look into with a friend this weekend. it may be on its way out this year :/

Removed cross rails, installed to high/low note horns, and replace ambient temperature sensor for the compass/temp mirror

Installed the sls midpipe. Its great, I can tell it freed up my exhaust flow and is allowing my turbo to spool better. Now I just need to get a catback exhaust.

Something someone else did to my P5 for me this morning about 530am...

Same thing happened to my '95 LX a few years ago. Not sure if yours was a hit and run or not, but people are d-bags either way.
cf243048.jpg

I know, i know. Not the right thread, tried searching but came up with NOTHING. If somebody could answer this you would take on the form of Jesus. How do you remove this thing?
143e4hs.jpg

its taped down. i pulled mine to paint it. just takes time to pry it up and get that tape to start popping. try and get it warm so the glue will release easier

I almost bought an 03.5 22V for my daughter over the weekend. 89K miles and dealer is asking $5995. Some rust starting in the rockers but didn't see any on the doors or qtr panels and some surface rust on the bolt in the strut tower but none on the metal of the tower itself. One fog lamp broken, nice 4" gouge in piece above glovebox with foam showing and a good sized dent on the PS rear door and some paint missing from the rear bumper (looks like they ripped something off of it). At one point it had the rear bumper pad too but all that was left was the double sided tape.

As for mine, drove it to work but did run it through the car wash over the weekend.

Wow, based on that dealer price, I should be selling my 100k 22v car for 12000...........but I'm not and wouldn't.......

Last edited:
Just finally got my hands on a set of Racing harts!
Too bad there's no center caps

X6OHh2j.jpg

You can get these:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Enkei made these rims and although you won't be showing the Mazda emblem, you'll be showing off the rim manufacturer. Not expensive and gets rid of the blank look. I ordered mine a while ago...should be here any day now I hope since it ships from Hong Kong.

Looks good. I might be biased though, your car looks just like mine from that picture.

By the way, what size tire is that? It looks to have a bigger sidewall than what I've got.

Last edited:
I know, i know. Not the right thread, tried searching but came up with NOTHING. If somebody could answer this you would take on the form of Jesus. How do you remove this thing?

If you get a heat gun pointed at it you should be able to just pull it off with some force. Another way is to get some fishing line and thread it underneath in order to cut through the adhesive. Also a word of advice on installing it again. I went to AutoZone to buy some adhesive, and decided to cheap out and buy the lesser 3M adhesive tape thinking it would be more than enough. It started coming off after a day or two. Go for the heavier duty 3M adhesive tape, which I believe comes in green. I've had that for months now with no problems.

Nice wheels Atakii*, love the color.

*Thanks for the correction Hank3, I must have glanced over the quote bubble!

Last edited:
Looks good. I might be biased though, your car looks just like mine from that picture.

By the way, what size tire is that? It looks to have a bigger sidewall than what I've got.

I think they are hankook ventus 225 45 17. Eh maybe it's just the angle of the picture? haha

Bought its replacement the other night...

IMG_20140311_180954.jpg

And this is after driving from home, to work, and back home yesterday:

IMG_20140311_180821.jpg

Yeah man we bought my wife the sportwagen TDI a year ago and we love it. We mainly her use her car for any major trips and on the weekends. I only drive my car to and from work and rarely on the weekend.

No hate from me! I'm replacing my MSM with a 500 Abarth. Cruising home from work yesterday, I was seeing an average of almost 37 mpg. I miss my P5 to this day, but I like a non-rusty car more.

Latest posts

Back