What have you done to your P5 today?

She's been having trouble turning over in the morning...doesn't like this extreme cold. Temps are warming up this weekend so going to change the oil.

Soundwave, if you opt to go with HID's I'd recommend doing a retrofit, either way get 35W. After burning through two sets of Silverstars and a set of Osram Silverstars within a year, I went with an HID kit. Ran it for a few years, had ballast issues so bought another set but bulb colors were off enough to drive me crazy and I got tired of being flashed by everyone that approached me. Removed the HID kit and installed the cheapest Sylvania bulbs with no issues now for almost a year.

gah yeah, thats the thing. I would like something brighter as well. I was deff going to do the 3000k PIAA halogens for my fogs but im just lost at what to do for my regular headlamps.

cleaned & filled the beltside engine mount (window weld) did not realize the OEM mount was liquid filled on the bottom???

I didn't realize this either until I saw a blown out mount on my friend's MSP, many people still debate me when I tell them!

She's been having trouble turning over in the morning...doesn't like this extreme cold. Temps are warming up this weekend so going to change the oil.

I had one morning like that where the first one or two times turning over was sluggish, but with dual batt's, it's been fine outside of that.

1503924_10152173028355799_1641919223_n.jpg

finishing up my new turbo setup. Talk about a pain in the ass. I wouldnt think my turbo was bigger then a GT30, but apparently the compressor housing is. Had to do quite a bit of grinding to get it to clear the slave cylinder.

1503924_10152173028355799_1641919223_n.jpg

finishing up my new turbo setup. Talk about a pain in the ass. I wouldnt think my turbo was bigger then a GT30, but apparently the compressor housing is. Had to do quite a bit of grinding to get it to clear the slave cylinder.
^That's sexy. Bring it to my house and let me drive it :D

Fellas, I'm down here in NC now, in Wilson to be exact - do you ever have Protege meet-ups here?

Ordered rear main seal, OEM Battery, and OEM full decal set...dropped the P5 over at the garage after the 14 hr trip to pick it up, and ready to get started on it as soon as transmission shows up on Monday...

Still need to schedule an appointment at the PDR guy and go by the paint booth to drop off he MSP Front Lip, hood, and a GV Miata hood for paint...

Already put on the brushed DaveB rings and took out the polished...still debating on wheels for it...want 15" and debating on the Ronal R's powder coated white same as on the yellow car or a set of Mazdaspeed MS03's...

Have a DG Motorsports grill en route as well for it although I may end up going with the CDM grill instead...

Full brake swap to MSP rotors/calipers on all four corners. What a horrible job, but it stops great now. No more stupid rear calipers.

Drove to/from work in a downpour. Here's to it drying out overnight so I can change the oil tomorrow before work.

gah yeah, thats the thing. I would like something brighter as well. I was deff going to do the 3000k PIAA halogens for my fogs but im just lost at what to do for my regular headlamps.

I gave up and went with basic halogens. They seem to work the best as far as H7's go unless you want to do the retrofit.

I had one morning like that where the first one or two times turning over was sluggish, but with dual batt's, it's been fine outside of that.

haha....no need for dual batt's here.

b...u...2....ful

Ordered rear main seal, OEM Battery, and OEM full decal set...dropped the P5 over at the garage after the 14 hr trip to pick it up, and ready to get started on it as soon as transmission shows up on Monday...

Still need to schedule an appointment at the PDR guy and go by the paint booth to drop off he MSP Front Lip, hood, and a GV Miata hood for paint...

Already put on the brushed DaveB rings and took out the polished...still debating on wheels for it...want 15" and debating on the Ronal R's powder coated white same as on the yellow car or a set of Mazdaspeed MS03's...

Have a DG Motorsports grill en route as well for it although I may end up going with the CDM grill instead...

Damn Alex, you have been very busy. Get some pics up when it's all said and done.

Full brake swap to MSP rotors/calipers on all four corners. What a horrible job, but it stops great now. No more stupid rear calipers.

Nice!!!! Would love to do the same but would have the added expense of buying 15" winter tires or finding 14's with an offset to clear them...if possible.

Thanks for the kind words guys, Im hoping to finish the downpipe up today and get it running. Will have lots of wastegate dump vids when I finish lol

Fellas, I'm down here in NC now, in Wilson to be exact - do you ever have Protege meet-ups here?

Im not sure if the other guys do or not, I'm not really big on mazda's. As in, I hate them, but I know a ton about them lol I only go to local meets mostly

Well thank you all for helping and giving me your input on the headlight bulb advice. I decided to go with the sylvania zXe bulbs and so far so good. They give a good white color with a very good and wide beam pattern. Lets just see how long they last...

Well thank you all for helping and giving me your input on the headlight bulb advice. I decided to go with the sylvania zXe bulbs and so far so good. They give a good white color with a very good and wide beam pattern. Lets just see how long they last...

i did hids on mine about 4yrs ago, and i still have not had any issues with them

Picked up 03.5 Speed Lip and Transmission today...also in the process of polishing up the CPRacing 3-Point Strut Tower Bar that has been collecting dust...hoping to do the transmission on Saturday or Sunday work permitting...had to pull the head off of the Civic today since I let the wifes' sister borrow it and she blew the head gasket, hoping to have it back on Friday to re-install...

I was hoping to install new brakes, but shipment was delayed. Oh well, I guess I'll go watch some TV instead :(

So I got a batt light the other day. Got another known good batt, threw it in. still had a light. turned off all accessories and gassed it a bit and it went off. checked belt, it was fine so I start loosening up the pivot bolt and the the adjust lock bolt and start the tightening process to see if it would help. I checked the plug in the back it it was almost completely unplugged. Runs great now.

^^^citykids, what does this mean? "Part-time Nissan Factory Pilot" could you elaborate?

Transmission came in and it is slightly broken...fuuuuu...why did someone think it was a good idea to put an 80lb transmission into a cardboard box with nothing in it...no padding, nothing...

Back