What have you done to your P5 today?

This little electric snowblower I paid $45 for on craigslist a couple years ago is worth its weight in gold. Current tires on the P5 suck in snow so it just sits parked while the Subaru gets grocery duty.

The low profile tires just don't like the white stuff, need to get some 14" and then you can leave the Subie parked in the driveway. :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

Went ahead and ordered the transmission for the P5. Going to pick it up on Friday finally. First thing I'll be doing I believe is taking the rear spoiler off and getting a mold made for the ISport CF Rear P5 Spoiler Extensions...so keep an eye out for those...still not sure whether or not I want to do it in CF or Fiberglass as I am not good at all with CF...

C'mon Alex....I don't need any more temptation on buying parts for the P5...trying to save for a Miata. lol

i had too much fun in the snow and dented my bumper a little and knocked out the grill :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqB3bo1Wx7A

Looks like fun Kyle.

Attachments

• P5 - 102520131.jpeg
    P5 - 102520131.jpeg
    564.3 KB · Views: 486
  • P5snow.jpg
    P5snow.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 500
cleaned & filled the beltside engine mount (window weld) did not realize the OEM mount was liquid filled on the bottom???

I had one of my belts squeal two nights ago... In hindsight, going out in snow that's up to the bottom of the bumper, if not higher, when I don't have both underbody panels on is not a hot idea. Snow was sitting in the engine bay mocking me for being a knucklehead. I drove it for the first time today and the front brakes were pretty much iced over. Unstuck now and tucked away in my dad's garage. I'm in an Altima until the end of the month...

I did do something slightly similar to you reut, though I did it in my mom's Jeep... So much fun :)

The Eibach Pro-Kit's and SR MotorSports exhaust are on. Have yet to really drive the car hard enough to really appreciate the difference. But the immediate slight change in height is nice for the P5 and feels more stable and planted on the highway, along with a pinch more mid-range umph from the butt dyno. I will take photo's soon.

Well one of my headlights finally went out so time to get new bulbs. What are you guys running? I read a few threads and saw that the people who were running the sylvania silverstar ultras weren't having any issues in terms of longevity. but god i hate sylvania.

Well one of my headlights finally went out so time to get new bulbs. What are you guys running? I read a few threads and saw that the people who were running the sylvania silverstar ultras weren't having any issues in terms of longevity. but god i hate sylvania.

I stopped buying halogen bulbs and went with a Slim DDM HID kit for $40. It's lasted for over two years and no probs.

I stopped buying halogen bulbs and went with a Slim DDM HID kit for $40. It's lasted for over two years and no probs.

did you retro fit your headlights for them? I really don't want to buy halogens but at the same time i don't want to retro fit for HIDs. lol

Silverstar Ultras in our Protege5. Just don't touch the bulbs while installing(wear some gloves if need be) and they'll last a long time.

I put HIDs in the Legacy since it already had projectors. I wouldn't want to put those in the P5's reflector housings though, would need to retrofit projectors. Which I looked at this Morimoto kit but decided against it.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

She's been having trouble turning over in the morning...doesn't like this extreme cold. Temps are warming up this weekend so going to change the oil.

Soundwave, if you opt to go with HID's I'd recommend doing a retrofit, either way get 35W. After burning through two sets of Silverstars and a set of Osram Silverstars within a year, I went with an HID kit. Ran it for a few years, had ballast issues so bought another set but bulb colors were off enough to drive me crazy and I got tired of being flashed by everyone that approached me. Removed the HID kit and installed the cheapest Sylvania bulbs with no issues now for almost a year.

I went with a 35W kit at 4500K. I had a set of retrofit projectors that I purchased for around $300, but it was overkill and the beams weren't level. I was tired of messing with baking them open, resealing, aiming, taking off the bumper, etc. Decided that a cheap set for $30 - $40 is about the same price as halogens and have lasted longer thus far with no issues. Have not been flashed in my two years of ownership. I aimed them lower as to not blind the driver's as much. Still, I know it's not the proper way, but oh well.

I am still definitely in the camp of having projectors over halogens (due to glare issues and proper light dispersion), but I got lazy and didn't want to mess with my set any longer, especially for a 10+ year old car. A good amount of savings for me.

Back