What have you done to your P5 today?

after putting the 4-2-1 header on the car. and having NGK iridium spark plugs instead of some autolite crap(previous owner)
i've managed to bump the mpg from ~23.8 to 27.8(sadly most all of that tank was highway)
does the longer 5th gear help mpg in these cars a noticeable amount?

after putting the 4-2-1 header on the car. and having NGK iridium spark plugs instead of some autolite crap(previous owner)
i've managed to bump the mpg from ~23.8 to 27.8(sadly most all of that tank was highway)
That is a noticeable improvement! What do you think the main reason was for such a large jump in MPG?

Went for a drive with a friend to get some parts for his miata. Took the p5 and got 34.5 mpg doing 70 mph! I have right now is cold air intake, cat back exhaust and spicyoragne's mp3 ecu flash. love this mad little car. Oh and I also did this!
1510592_709466305739901_2125204173_n.jpg

I have had a crown bag on all but one of my cars, mainly due to the fact its an auto. Also use one to cover one of my paintball air tanks. They give them away sometimes and the liquor store. Like a box of them just sitting there. Black and purple.

Installed oil pan with my oil return drain, installed downpipe, installed temporary rubber coolant lines due to me ordering the wrong size..banjos...ugh. Going to put in the MSP Spicy Orange flashed ecu..now. And waiting on my gauges to arrive tomorrow then I should have it started up tomorrow!!!. (rockon)

Also in the city, before going turbo, I consistenly got 28-30 mpg driving to and from work. Gas would usually last me about 2 1/2 weeks. I shift early a lot, and on the highway I would average 34-36mpg easy. On one trip to Savannah I made 38mpg. I believe I stayed steady at 65 but I also would P&G (Pulse & Glide) at times. Before I had the P5 I had an MK4 Jetta TDI and I actually learned how to save even more gas with that car. From what I remember I would average 53-55mpg in the city. It was awesommeee. I miss it at time but its ok I have an MK6 TDI Sportwagen now for majority of my family trips.

ive been feeling similarly about getting rid of my p5 for something else, but i think ill just keep running it until it wont run no more. i know it wont fetch a ton of money if i sold it :(

Exactly. The feeling has passed mainly because there is no way id get around the $8k id need to be able to afford the car i want

That is a noticeable improvement! What do you think the main reason was for such a large jump in MPG?

shrug im really not sure. id probably say just highway miles. but im really not sure

My car, when I still had it, would have noticable jumps in average MPG on primarily highway drives, and that average went up after I put an exhaust on it. Any time you can make it breathe easier, you'll notice a gain. I was averaging 33 mpg on my work commutes which were 75% highway, and all I had was an intake and exhaust.

This little electric snowblower I paid $45 for on craigslist a couple years ago is worth its weight in gold. Current tires on the P5 suck in snow so it just sits parked while the Subaru gets grocery duty.
KQ1h236.jpg

Went ahead and ordered the transmission for the P5. Going to pick it up on Friday finally. First thing I'll be doing I believe is taking the rear spoiler off and getting a mold made for the ISport CF Rear P5 Spoiler Extensions...so keep an eye out for those...still not sure whether or not I want to do it in CF or Fiberglass as I am not good at all with CF...

Dibs, if you need a lab rat for that spoiler. Lol
went ahead and ordered the transmission for the p5. Going to pick it up on friday finally. First thing i'll be doing i believe is taking the rear spoiler off and getting a mold made for the isport cf rear p5 spoiler extensions...so keep an eye out for those...still not sure whether or not i want to do it in cf or fiberglass as i am not good at all with cf...

Went ahead and ordered the transmission for the P5. Going to pick it up on Friday finally. First thing I'll be doing I believe is taking the rear spoiler off and getting a mold made for the ISport CF Rear P5 Spoiler Extensions...so keep an eye out for those...still not sure whether or not I want to do it in CF or Fiberglass as I am not good at all with CF...

You could possibly buy the plug from iSport ....

I am officially boosted! I let the car idle for 15mins. Shut down, then drove it, but didn't go into boost. Just trying to let the ecu work and learn, then I'll see how everything feels when I go into boost. On a bad note, I can't get the gauges to light up correctly.

Last edited:
First thing I'll be doing I believe is taking the rear spoiler off and getting a mold made for the ISport CF Rear P5 Spoiler Extensions...so keep an eye out for those...still not sure whether or not I want to do it in CF or Fiberglass as I am not good at all with CF...

Is that the same spoiler extension that JT has? Would love one of them in Aus :)

Back