What have you done to your P5 today?

^My 2cents. Get your fenders rolled. You're 215/45/17 1.8" drop I'm 225/45/17 stock so I'm wider than you, but you're lower than me so its a little different. Chalk either the tires or the fender (dry erase marker) to check out where it's hitting. I rubbed in the rear only grabbing the top edge of my sidewall and rolling them did the trick. Now I can hug corners like my summer set up was meant for. Just make sure to use a heat gun...otherwise your paint will crack.

Oh and I gave my car a much needed bath today!

^CHALK! I never thought of that! thats genius!
what did you use to roll?
i used the handle from my jack to do the rears xD

Tada! Lmk if it ends up working out for you man, picking up some mp3 springs this weekend (no idea when they're going in) and id love to know if you make it work to give me some peace of mind before I rip my car apart. Haha.

tried to get an alignment this morning................ couldnt get one because the driver side inner tie rod is frozen........ just when i thought Id actually be able to start buying my exhaust i have to wait because of more hassle. After the springs and wheels were added, i found out the front brakes had to be replaced because the were seized(all new rotors, calipers and pads) then the rear sway bar links had to be replaced because they were frozen/ rusted, the rear abs sensor was stuck so that had to be replaced, now the tie rod is frozen...................

fml

Hey JDM, what % tint are on your tails?

I'm going to assume you are asking me lol. It's hard to say, I did it with the night shade tint spray. I would say I did somewhere around 20% and then spray gun clear coat. The first time I did it they were black! I wet-sanded the tint off and redid them the way I originally wanted. Here is a before and after

Stock
iJCp5HtDkFOBB.JPG

First attempt
ibqHZQyPLLpI1g.JPG

Second attempt
i1GzgTPlvVpq2.JPG

i02zfwtflm8DB.jpg

just got the old nuts off my midpipe and put everything back together. still got an exhaust leak between header and midpipe! its like that super large crushing gasket isnt quite enough to make the seal. may just throw a smaller crushing one on there in addition to the large one. thoughts?

Did you put a new donut gasket on there, Kyle? Once they crush and seal teh deal they are pretty much un-sealable again. Good news is most local auto parts stores stock them.

I can finally contribute to this thread again. :)

2012-04-15194607.jpg

Did you put a new donut gasket on there, Kyle? Once they crush and seal teh deal they are pretty much un-sealable again. Good news is most local auto parts stores stock them.

I can finally contribute to this thread again. :)

2012-04-15194607.jpg

+1...looking forward to the build

just got the old nuts off my midpipe and put everything back together. still got an exhaust leak between header and midpipe! its like that super large crushing gasket isnt quite enough to make the seal. may just throw a smaller crushing one on there in addition to the large one. thoughts?

If you used a new, untouched gasket and you still have a leak, bust out the ol' RTV... it should fix :)

yeah its a brand new gasket. just doesnt seem to be getting crushed at all when i took off the pipe again and looked at it. i had the larger OD of the gasket towards the header since the midpipe tapers in (figured thats correct direction). but yeah, the gasket hasnt been crushed out at all unlike the one i just put on between midpipe and cat-back.

Just ordered new pads and rotors, this squeal is getting on my last nerve. Last night I installed LEDs in the map, hatch and license plate lights. Dome light had already been swapped out with a leftover bulb from a CS kit.

Installed project kics 15mm spacers in the rear. Now I have a ton of peace of mind not running on 8mm spacers on stock studs in the rear

Hand polished another one of the SSR's. 2 left that I need to get done before swapping tires for DMM.

Back