What have you done to your P5 today?

Dude you got a serious dust bunny problem... oh wait that's a dog :D

Nice pics btw.

Anyway, I realized today that the clunk in my front passenger side is back. I am about 99.98% sure that it is the strut mount and that's why I just sent Ken a PM inquiring about the parts needed to replace the mount. I hope to God that the damn clunk goes away since I will probably be changing out the endlinks as well if they are impossible to get off again.

have you checked all the bolts and what not on the front sway bar? I had that problem and it turned out to be a bolt backing out.

Lol, I'll go ahead and put it up on stands later this week and make sure that there isn't a single other thing that it could be. I've checked each part at one time or another but who knows. the reason I'm almost sure it's the mount is cause when going over let's say rumble strips, which on the off ramp to King Avenue is basically what the pavement is, I can hear a distinct rattling coming from the TOP of the strut. When the car is parked and I bounce it by lifting it up and down, I hear a clunk coming from the TOP again. I just want to make sure to get this clunk taken care of soon, no matter what it is.

check the strut mount nuts, along with the top strut nut to make sure nothing's coming loose.

what kind of rims are those? they look like mine except they have one more spoke
they look really good, those pictures make me want to buy a msp front lip

Thanks man, they're MB weapons 17X7 in bronze.

I painted my headliner and side moldings black this weekend. I still need to do the visors. I'll probably finish them by todays end.

2710261523_7c8d4891d7.jpg

2710261515_f687293329.jpg

2711073760_532272febf.jpg

I let it dry as long as I could outside before putting it back in the car. There's a slight linger but its not bad at all. I just need to get a new air freshener :D

Ok I propped it up on both sides and did a pretty good inspection of everything. I can't seem to pinpoint where the knocking is coming from but the sway bar bushings seem fine to me, endlink is on tightly, and there is no motion when I try to wiggle the wheel either up or down or left or right. I reached up into the top of the strut and found a lot of gunk, rust and some more crap but I figure that may just be normal. I'm gonna go ahead and go through with the strut mount option and new endlink possibly and I'll tell you how it goes.

Thanks man, they're MB weapons 17X7 in bronze.

I painted my headliner and side moldings black this weekend. I still need to do the visors. I'll probably finish them by todays end.

2710261523_7c8d4891d7.jpg

2710261515_f687293329.jpg

2711073760_532272febf.jpg
i love it! i'm taking out my head liner this fall to install the roof strips...i might redo it with black headliner material?? (wife works @ a company that does thie for the big/small 3)

1. Took off wing and put a layer of RAAMmat in it.
2. Painted MP3 wind splitter flat black
3. Found out why my power wire fuse blew the other night. Apparently the wire got sliced by some metal near the tranny mount (it runs under the oem air box) and arc-ed there. Taped up the sliced insulation, covered the wire in split loom, and zip tied it so it runs next to the battery instead of under it.

Pulled all my fuel rail stuff off again so I could hopefully find something evident to indicate why I've been having idle issues. I think the fuel line was being partially blocked by a hose insert I was suppose to remove so now that's gone and also one of the injector insulators was broken so perhaps that added to the case. Either way, ordered all new grommets, o-rings and insulators for the injectors. I also cleaned about every electrical connection remotely connected with the fuel system, cleaned the MAF and bought some seafoam for the gastank. I also bought some vacuum hose clamps for some connections I felt were suspect. She's going to be down for a few days while I wait for parts but hopefully my idle issue will be gone when everything is put back together.

Also purchased:
Valve cover gasket (to go with new valve cover)
3/8 NPT - 1/8 NPT fuel rail fitting to go with -
Autometer 1-1/2" mechanical fuel pressure gauge
TurboXS Type H (not -RFL) blow-off valve

I really, REALLY need to stop spending so much money on my car. Sure, I get a nice paying job and then look what happens...

haha those pix look like "A Day in a life of a MSP"

"first i went to the beach, by myself... then i got lost on my way to the mall and ended up in the forest... so i hid by a nearby tree and scared little Hondas that pass by... after 5 hours of that i found a dock and watched the sun go down... then i went home... good day"

This still cracks me up and the dust bunny comment.

got it back from the shop!!! super glad to have my car back. Now its time to start looking at tires, the ol' nitto's are getting pretty bald.

got it back from the shop!!! super glad to have my car back. Now its time to start looking at tires, the ol' nitto's are getting pretty bald.

Tirerack still has a good deal on General Exclaim UHP's (until the end of this month). Buy 4 and get a $50 gift card.

nice jeff! you thinking about coming back up this fall for the cleaning day? maybe another coat of wax before the wonderful PA winter?

Back