What have you done to your P5 today?

What do you mean? What should I be worried about?

I guess the general concern is that off-brand racing seats do not go through rigorous testing to make sure they are safe in accidents, etc (like the stock seats and brand name seats do).

Just something to think about!

Hmm thanks for the heads up. I sent them an email just now asking about all the specifications and what has been done to ensure that the seats are safe in case of an accident. If there's anything fishy in the answer, then I'll know. I'll keep you posted and thanks again

Hmm thanks for the heads up. I sent them an email just now asking about all the specifications and what has been done to ensure that the seats are safe in case of an accident. If there's anything fishy in the answer, then I'll know. I'll keep you posted and thanks again

Sure man! It's definitely something to consider! Better safe than sorry.

also watch out for crappy made seats. I once bought the same kind of seats and had them delivered...when they got to me they were stitched horribly and coming apart. Lost about 120 in shipping...probably even more.

Thank you for the input guys. I've read through a lot of their feedback and people seem to be satisfied with the quality of the craftsmanship. Now I just need to hear back from them about the safety issue.

My exhaust had developed a really weird and horrible sounding rattle. So got a friend to rev up the engine so I could figure out where the sound was coming from. Turns out that I'd lost one of the nuts at the joint between the s-pipe and muffler and the bolt was rattling round in it's socket. Not sure how that happened in the first place but just threaded on a spare nut and was back in business.

Also just got 32 mpg, bout 70/30 highway/city with 11 auto-x runs on a 60+ second course. Not too shabby.

I guess the general concern is that off-brand racing seats do not go through rigorous testing to make sure they are safe in accidents, etc (like the stock seats and brand name seats do).

Just something to think about!

Would be an odd site to get in an accident and get thrown from the car only to found with the seat still attached to you

Would be an odd site to get in an accident and get thrown from the car only to found with the seat still attached to you

Unless you attach a parachute to the back, that way it'll deploy midair when you're getting thrown to slow you down. Then, instead of a car wreck, it'll look like you wrecked your fighter plane

I've already started a materials list. Tell me what you think.

Two bottles of compressed air,
Various steel and nuts and bolts for custom quick release mechanism,
Shiny red button,
My sanity

today i installed my tokico hp blue shock/spring combo
its hella nice the back sags a little

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

The center stuff isn't really hard at all. You just get under the steering wheel and disconnect the metal "wires" from the AC from the other part. It just pries off with a screwdriver. Then you take the glovebox out and do the same on the other side. Couple of screws and its out. oh and how do you like your headliner all black? I'm lovin it. It brings everything together a little better inside.

man i love it. looks so bad ass. don't care for the feel though. but then again when am i gonna be feelin up my headliner(crazy)
thanks for the tip by the way!!

No problem. I don't like the feel of it either but the only time I'll have a problem with that is when the back seats are down and the windows are up :D

Latest posts

Back