What have you done to your non-mazda today?

The Jetta is just about up for its second regularly-scheduled maintenance. Gotta love 10k mile service intervals.

Photo1196.jpg

put down 470AWHP at low boost(21psi) bigger injectors just got here so we will see what 35+ psi will make :) hoping for 700+awhp in a car that weighs 2106 pounds haha should be a fun season

Got the alternator put in yesterday and took it out for a ride. Drove it to work today.

5841186438_ba65c36304_z.jpg

lead1ctsvcoupefd2011.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Awesome. Didnt opt for the Recaros?

added a few more pics, it's fully optioned sans the suede wheel and shifter, which of course is being ..corrected.

the Black Diamond Edition Special package includes the wheels, yellow calipers, paint, reccaros and suede in the seats, but you can't option the wheel & shifter suede with the package, you have to buy them seperatly.

Got the alternator put in yesterday and took it out for a ride. Drove it to work today.

5841186438_ba65c36304_z.jpg

Got more pics? Is the "Bavaria" a 5-Series equivalent kind of thing, size-wise? Looks great, BTW!

Friday-- took her to the dealer to discuss the issues with the car
) front license plate is crooked
) scratches on the rear bumper from test-drive tags
) paint is bubbling on 2 door hinges
) one of the engine covers was ''broken from the factory'' (meaning I broke it..)

Changed the oil last sunday, kept a sample for when the blackstone kit gets here (it was very black..) Took her to redline for the first time going WOT to ~ 80mph with a friend in the car

power comes on smooth and is more like a wave than the brick wall in-your-seat power the S4 and G8 had

miles on the odo; 1,344

will probally wait until 1500-1600miles before I try any more of the fun-stuff for the sake of the diff and trans.

yesterday
) filled the intercooler res with coolant, the WOT probally got some of the airbubbles out of the system finnaly.

Last edited:
Today, my brother-in-law Mike (who has an E30 coupe), and I tried to figure out what's wrong with the power antenna on my E30, which doesn't rise and gets NO signal. Figured out that the damned thing was unplugged! Plugged it in, it rose the height of the outermost section of the antenna mast and stopped, at which point I immediately got signal. As we began celebrating our partial victory, I moved the wiring, and it lost signal. We figured out that an old vampire tap, installed for some reason apparently related to the BMW CD changer formerly mounted in the trunk, was intermittently killing the signal. We soldered the wire back together, and I now have relatively decent signal, considering the antenna only goes up about 1/5 as far as it's supposed to.

We also pulled the antenna motor out and tried to figure out why it doesn't go up any further than it does. I have no idea. I pulled the cover off of mine and off of Mike's spare, and other than some oxidation on the outside of my motor, didn't find any difference. I would have just swapped his in, but his spare didn't have a mast, and I couldn't figure out how to get mine out, so it doesn't do me much good.

Anyway, for now, I have a semi-working antenna with decent enough signal. We'll see if my wife is able to get the news and traffic station she wants on her commute, then move forward with further plans, which will be:
a. Get a new antenna mast, install it in my or Mikes motor, put it back in the car, buy a replacement grommet for the base.
b. Get a fixed antenna, install it, remove the power motor (weight reduction!) call it a day.
c. Plug the hole where the antenna was, get a shark-fin antenna, install it on the trunk lid.
d. Kick it old school, go with the stick-on strip antenna across the top of the windshield!

Got more pics? Is the "Bavaria" a 5-Series equivalent kind of thing, size-wise? Looks great, BTW!

Ya know... I never saw this post. I apologize!

The Bavaria is an E3, which is actually the predecessor to the 7 series. Oddly enough, it's only a whopping 7" longer than the new MS3... not to mention 200 pounds lighter too.

Details on this one:
3.0L M30 engine
Bored over 0.010" with Mahle Racing pistons
Dual Weber 32/36 DGAV carbs
Getrag 265 - 5 speed swap
R134a retrofit
3 core radiator w/ 2 electric fans
Crane ignition box

I just received the B&G Sport springs for the car yesterday. Will install those soon and get some pics.

Installed the front springs on the Bavaria last week... then got really sick. I haven't finished the rears yet, but I'll try to get some pics up soon.

I dropped the top on it, and went out for Chinese food at the good Chinese place, the one that's further from the house. It was a great night for it. I kind of wish I could just spend the whole night out driving around with the top down!

Back