What have you done to your non-mazda today?

was thinking if I wanted one of those w/ the homelink for the ms3...

yeah not entirely sure why that wasnt something they included with the tech package, its something i am going to have to do because auto dim is just so nice.

Also put the mega horsepower adding k&n filter in the camry as well before heading to my parents house

Mine has homelink as well..

Homelink is awesome. The pathfinder has it on the driver's side visor and I've got it set for both our garage doors and the one at my parents' house. Never need to carry around those stupid big clunky openers.

Suzuka Fog-buster

IMG_20130108_115147.jpg

The last few weeks it's been 30s and low 40s when I leave in the morning and the fogging up has been miserable. Either you keep the visor all the way shut and fog up, or you crack it to get rid of the fog and cry the whole way to work from the 36 degree air + 50mph wind-chill directly to your eye. Solved for cheap :D

Been taking mine up above 8k at least once a day. Still makes me laugh, even after all this time.

Homelink is awesome. The pathfinder has it on the driver's side visor and I've got it set for both our garage doors and the one at my parents' house. Never need to carry around those stupid big clunky openers.

I'm still kind of shocked the truckster didn't come with it.

This weekend I changed the oil on the SV. It turns out, sometimes the old gasket stays on the block, and if you don't check that sh*t you end up sandwiching it between the new filter/gasket and the block. And then bad / exciting things happen.

IMG_20130220_101954.jpg

IMG_20130220_102021.jpg

I'm glad it didn't happen about 10 seconds before, while I was in a traffic circle. It would have been a LOT more exciting... and painful... and expensive. I'll have it home tonight and will know just how bad the damage is by the weekend. I shut it down as soon as the light came on, but you never know how long it takes to do real damage. We'll see how the oil looks when I drain what's left.

On the upside the new Nelson Riggs rain / wind gear I picked up works great, and should significantly increase (lower?) the temperature range I can ride in now. Also more hi-viz ftw :D

51QRTz7MPyL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Sh*tty cell pics...

Borrowed a trailer from a buddy's co-worker and got 'er home tonight. I probably won't work on it until tomorrow night, or maybe this weekend. Tonight I really don't even feel like looking at it.

IMG_20130220_182222.jpg

IMG_20130220_184435.jpg

(sad2)

Got a new filter on and new oil. I took it for a short test ride in the neighborhood, and all seems well except for the rear brake being coated in oil. Easy fix tomorrow :)

Right, this was a crazy couple weekends of non-Mazda work.

Pathfinder:
Transmission fluid flush
New trans oil pan gasket
New Trans fluid filter and o-ring
Cleaned up some trailer harness wiring

SV650:
New oil filter
New oil
Remove, clean and reassemble rear brakes

Misc:
New water pump housing bearings and gasket on Deech's kart.
Completed decking his trailer, and securing tie-downs.
Serviced my trailer's bearings
New tires on my trailer
Adjusted my trailer's brakes
Did some rust cleaning & painting on my trailer

About the only one that didn't get touched was the VW. For a wonder, it didn't need any work. Fancy that!

Got the exhaust on the Civic fixed. A little more expensive than I had hoped for, but it works

What was wrong w/ it? Was that where your mileage drop came from?

What was wrong w/ it? Was that where your mileage drop came from?

It was leaking at the flange of the pipe that connected to the header. Well... leak is putting it nicely. The weld broke on about half of the circumference. It was loud and I was breathing in a nice amount of exhaust fumes. I don't understand anyone who wants to run an exhaust exit before the front windows. Not only illegal but downright dangerous.

It was leaking at the flange of the pipe that connected to the header. Well... leak is putting it nicely. The weld broke on about half of the circumference. It was loud and I was breathing in a nice amount of exhaust fumes. I don't understand anyone who wants to run an exhaust exit before the front windows. Not only illegal but downright dangerous.

If they're smart it's pointed away from the car :)

For the love of all that is holy and good in this world... my 2010 Taxes finally got resolved and the $5.5k they owed me came in the mail today in the form of a check plus interest.

That means that the Colt Vista listed in my signature is no longer waiting for the IRS check, but now for me to get cracking on getting the wheels ordered, getting her towed to the mech, and discovering just how far I can take her. :)

Excited beyond belief.

Back