What have you done to your MSP today?

all that s*** and your still sticking to an afc? why not upgrade to a real ems pref?
Was looking and waiting, but nothing ever came available right now. got offered a Microtech, but passed on it. I actually like the AFC/FTC, even though it's incredibly limited. You get used to using them a lot, it makes it a lot easier to use and get the hang of.

I'm going to have to actually tune my AFC when I get my motor finished and install some 440s. I have just been running a base tune from the AFC thread and my AFRs were always where I wanted them in the mid 11s.

Starting to list my hoard of parts for sale from when I had an MSP. My plan was always to get another but I guess it's now time to move on...
Anyone interested in these, lmk:
-BNIB BC Coilovers
-Pope DP
-03.5 Front lip with fog deletes

I would love to have the coilovers but I can't afford them right now, have to buy a new turbo manifold with my tax return.

I've had the tranny drained since monday. I got cocky and ASSUMED the parts store would have my transaxle seals. Not a single one in stock @ Autozone, Advance or O'reily's.. I checked a 200 mile radius too.. lol wtf.

Luckily I was able to expedite the order and they are in my mailbox now. Along with a Vibrant 3" resonator that says it was delivered today.. straight open piped is just a little too much for me. Hopefully I will have the tranny on the ground, all the clutch stuff done and then bolted back up before I pass out tonight. Everything else up to removing the main drivers side mount is done. Even loosened the tranny bolts. Hoping for an easy(ish) night.

Got some work done on 1345, removed the turbo, IM, exhaust, front and rear motor mounts, alternator and the rest of the wiring harness. My Medieval solid rear motor mount that I purchased probably 3-4 years ago broke in two pieces, will have to get an AWR to replace it. And I'm on the lookout for another turbo manifold, don't mind supporting PEP and getting a new one but I would have to save up to buy one.

I have an 45 minutes to an hour each night after work that I've been using to get things done before nightfall. Last night I got the manifold installed and tonight I'll hopefully get the radiator assembly and AFC installed, so I can fill the fluids and start it. I Once that's complete, it's just a matter of installing a few, small remaining items and reinstalling the front bumper cover. I'm going to go ahead and buy new tires for it, as I ruined two of the tires when I put the wheels onto the P5 before getting the front end repaired and aligned.

Also, I was having problems with my clutch intermittently sticking and it was pissing me off as I couldn't determine the cause. Well, when I was reinstalling the transmission, I worked the shift fork just to make sure everything was working properly when I realized the bearing is touching the bellhousing. I have the MSP pivot and shift for in the Probe transmission just as I've done before, but never had this problem. The bearing is a National, so it's not a "cheap" one. I got another from an aftermarket clutch set and installed it without issue, so I believe I've corrected my intermittent loss of clutch pedal.

Installed subaru wrx seats on my protege. Check out my how to video. Dont forget to like comment and subscribe to my channel. All my protege mods will be posted there. Thanks for watching

Awesome! The video didn't mention it, but it looks like those are airbag wires under the seats. I'm guessing your airbag light isn't on either.
Yeah my light is on due to the momo steering wheel not the seats. I'm not going to bother hooking up heated option or the air bags as this car will only be used at the track.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So things went fairly smoothly. I got the transmission out, cleaned 160K's worth of grime out of the bellhousing. My pilot bearing on my flywheel was completely shot. It barely turned and when I forced it, it sounded like it had sand in it. lol The throwout bearing was toast too.

Getting that thing back in the car by myself was less than fun. I hope I don't need to go back in there for a while.. The flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch disk all had a weird wear mark.. like contact was happening closer to the center of the disk. This pic kind of shows it, but its more pronounced in person. This same wear pattern is on both sides of the disk and on the pressure plate... I wonder if this is from the throwout bearing crapping the bed.. IDK.. but its fixed. (yay)

Doesnt look so baaaad. Mine started to use the rivots as friction material it was so worn hah.
It certainly is an awkward b**** to put in and take out yourself. Next time ill buy an engine hoist so i dont have to rely on the block of wood under the pan trick heh.
Its possible the pressure plate bolts might not all have been torqued down equal which would have the spring under all different preloads. Or there was just some s*** in there. Or the wear was enough that the same rivot was hitting on both sides.
Doesnt matter now though. Presumably new flywheel and pressure plate and bearings. All should be dandy

Presumably new flywheel and pressure plate and bearings. All should be dandy

Everything is new now. Flywheel, pilot and throwout bearings, clutch, pressure plate, and axle seals.. The pressure plate seemed to be proper torque spec. The throwout bearing and the shaft it slides on were both caked with crud. That combined with an almost seized pilot bearing and theres no way things were working 100%. I am really excited to get this broken in and see how it feels..

Prob grease but p/o prob overheated the clutch a lot by slipping it, riding it and dumping it like a little kid. Clutch fibers interact with grease and give you that. Could also be oil from the rear main seal interactiv with clutch fibers ect ect.
Now that you heave the new cltch dont take that to mean you can dump it in gears ect. Respect the trans, ebrace the notchiness. And dont forget to adjust the clutch pedel rod

Back