What have you done to your MSP today?

Dropping out bottom was a pita. I didn't have hoisy yet, took everything and sacrificed the passenger motor mount while trying not to damage ac condensor.

Building up the courage to replace the turbo by myself in the next week or so [emoji51] . Hopefully I get this right the first time.

Building up the courage to replace the turbo by myself in the next week or so [emoji51] . Hopefully I get this right the first time.

Been there and done that. Make sure you have some extra studs just in case and pb blast as much stuff as you possibly can tonight.

Been there and done that. Make sure you have some extra studs just in case and pb blast as much stuff as you possibly can tonight.

That's kinda where I.am atm. But instead of a turbo, ita an entire engine lol. Not a mechanic.. turbo should be pretty straight forward though. Taking off the manifold would prob be easiest.

Thanks guys. Yeah I plan on doing that. What size studs? P.s. I'm not that mechanically inclined and limited on tools :/

If you can read a drawing and turn a wrench your fine.

Think pope was saying m8x1.25x35/40?

If you can read a drawing and turn a wrench your fine.

Think pope was saying m8x1.25x35/40?

That's the right size. If you are installing the Pope downpipe 40mm might be best. I don't remember what I used length wise

Picking up the Yellow shell Sunday. Can't wait! Then there will be 3 in my driveway and I'll then own 10% of what's left of the MSP population. lol

that might be considered illegal gathering... in Taber...

I'd like to make a quick release front end- radiator support forward would just have 4 pins that release and voila! That'd be cool.

heh. the WHOLE front end? sounds safe til you crash lol. would be nice to be able to get eh ac condensor out of the way without deleting it.

its noon. im being terribly lazy.. gonna go pick up the new motor mount and gaskets pretty soon and get to ripping motor out. do i have to completely disengage the spingle to get the axle stubs out? or can i just undo the two bolts and wedge them out of the trans enough that they fall out when i lift everything?trying to minimize reassembly of the donor so it can move.
I guess when i put it in ill leave the intake mani off to reconnect the starter/alternator stuffs/rear motor mount. I wonder if i should delete the VTCS. do you just leave the actuator plugged in but unhook the rod? dont really care abotu cels until the car starts running weird.

The tune on the FTC, my car runs insanely rich. Just sitting in the driveway my AFR's pegged my gauge at 10.1. Shipped my DB9/USB cable with my last AFC. I'm hoping Best Buy has them so I can get the car running right.

The tune on the FTC, my car runs insanely rich. Just sitting in the driveway my AFR's pegged my gauge at 10.1. Shipped my DB9/USB cable with my last AFC. I'm hoping Best Buy has them so I can get the car running right.
From my understanding, AFRs at idle are not very accurate and not too critical.

Last edited:
Back