What have you done to your MSP today?

Glad you got it sorted out!

Me too! Cool temperatures this morning on the way to work, the car screamed. I don't know how I was still getting 22mpg with it running the way it was.

Been giving the MSP a break from DD status for a bit, got my new ARP studs in the mail so I can replace the broken ones on the turbo mani. Can't wait to drive it and have it run like it's supposed to

I'm starting to become more and more frustrated/PTFO that people are continuing to completely part out and scrap MSPs over completely reversible issues. These clowns should have NEVER bought the car if they don't appreciate it. I will never be able to find a clean one again if this keeps up

I'm starting to become more and more frustrated/PTFO that people are continuing to completely part out and scrap MSPs over completely reversible issues. These clowns should have NEVER bought the car if they don't appreciate it. I will never be able to find a clean one again if this keeps up

There were about 4 for sale in my area this month. Two of which need rebuilding or minor issues to be fixed. It seems that people just give up when problems arise. If there any part-outs of an 03.5 let me know. I need a front lip...as does everyone else. haha

It makes me sick to see perfectly fine MSP's being parted out. Wish I could start a MSP refuge, but don't have enough money for that. I wonder how many are still out there since all of the part outs and totalled cars over the last couple years.

Side note: Taped out lines on the car for the new fender forms :)

It makes me sick to see perfectly fine MSP's being parted out. Wish I could start a MSP refuge, but don't have enough money for that. I wonder how many are still out there since all of the part outs and totalled cars over the last couple years.

yeah, pretty sad.

There's one right now being parted out over a blown motor, lord knows it isn't the first or the last. I would NEVER sell a car like the MSP over a repair I could complete for less than $1k.

Pulled an MS3 last night from a 2nd gear roll. I saw him ahead of me slowing down so I could catch up, then got the jump on me before we were even lined up. As soon as I had him by a car length (which was almost immediately) he let off. Tires were spinning in second going into third. Of course this all happened on a closed course.

I think my MSP is totaled. I was driving down a road when an opposing truck was driving in the other lane heading toward me and carrying a mattress which I could not see until it came out of the bed of his truck and I hit the mattress while it was still in the air.

It broke my front bumper, scratched my hood and roof terrible and broke my 03.5 wing of the car and literally almost tore the trunk off the car.

The damage is just over the entire car so it will be expensive to repair. I am going to take it for estimates tomorrow.

I think my MSP is totaled. I was driving down a road when an opposing truck was driving in the other lane heading toward me and carrying a mattress which I could not see until it came out of the bed of his truck and I hit the mattress while it was still in the air.

It broke my front bumper, scratched my hood and roof terrible and broke my 03.5 wing of the car and literally almost tore the trunk off the car.

The damage is just over the entire car so it will be expensive to repair. I am going to take it for estimates tomorrow.

Well that's an "Oh sh*t" moment if I've ever heard one... Glad you're ok though. Poor car...

Dude... that ******* sucks...

ahh. spent the past 6-7 hours fixing my wastegate. hammered that crap back in and now i have boost! if that wastegate backs out again, upgrade time! (crazy)

i-BfRs9cH-L.jpg

this is how my jpipe's nuts/studs came out lol

i-kPZxMRJ-L.jpg

stripped this stupid nut. dremeled enough to get the oil feed line off.

i-BmG6t7r-L.jpg

the pos assembly

i-2BQshCF-L.jpg

bastard ass wastegate flap (already repositioned via hammering)

i-Jms5XH3-L.jpg

ahh. spent the past 6-7 hours fixing my wastegate. hammered that crap back in and now i have boost! if that wastegate backs out again, upgrade time! (crazy)

ive had that happen 3 time different housings each time... ill charge a new mani with external wastegate if it happens again...

Spent a couple hours trying to replace the three ARP studs that snapped on me and I can't get the second one out. I tried a jam nut and the nut I have on there is stripping on the threads so I may be in trouble. Should be an easy job but if I can't replace the studs i'm screwed

My pressure plate is going out, so it's time for a new clutch... Opinions?

Latest posts

Back