What have you done to your MSP today?

In MSP related news, it's still sitting in my driveway waiting on a transmission.

That looks great man! I have been wanting to do a retrofit for a while and the new Morimoto mini 3.0 setup seems so easy to install.

Believe it or not i paid way less than the morimoto ones , I bought my set off of amazon , cost me $40 and the look just as good for way less. I even took the time to compare the pieces it comes with and they are the same as the morimotos.
Ill take some good pictures tonight so you can see what I'm talking about .

Believe it or not i paid way less than the morimoto ones , I bought my set off of amazon , cost me $40 and the look just as good for way less. I even took the time to compare the pieces it comes with and they are the same as the morimotos.
Ill take some good pictures tonight so you can see what I'm talking about .

Are those volks?

Sending out my underdrive aluminum crank pulley to be milled down to just the inner belt rib :)

Car has been running a little funny lately and i've been hearing an exhaust leak so I pulled the turbo mani heatshield today to find 3 cracks in the manifold and two of my supposedly indestructible ARP exhaust mani studs snapped off completely. At least I found the leak. #MSPOwnerProblems

Last edited:
Progress on something (whistle)

IMAG1028_zps38d619ff.jpg

Created a heat shield for my heat shield and gave them a few coatings of rustoleum 2000 deg paint

Shopping for wheels... narrowed to dai kandy black 205/50/16 or enkei sr6 205/40/17

Almost want the plusher 16s. Sonething about 6 spoke on 5 bolts doesn't look right.

Got the evilMonkey home from Florida (had to name it after PO).

This didn't turn out to be easy. Took car to trans shop in Titusville last Monday. LSD had started to disintegrate. Dif clutch plates had broken up and were throughout the trans. 3rd was looking pretty rough.
They deemed it un-rebuildable.
So, I ordered a 72k trans off ebay and had it fed-ex overnighted from Chicago. $500 shipping! Got trans on Thursday AM and had installed by Friday @ 11am. Drove home to AnnArbor.

BUT, not out of the woods. Still has bad front wheel bearing. Will attack that with my neighbor this weekend.

I had never driven a MSP before. The evilmonkey had done the BOV and it sounds like someone cracking a whip whenever off/on throttle. You guys like that?

Weird dead spot in the power curve. This is where it goes rich? So if I want to fix that I need to do a split second A/F? Do I really need datalogger or are their maps out there that would be compatible with the mods I have? I assume that I'll need a A/F gauge and 4 wire?

Point me where I need to go.

13389481975_edbc2c3ca2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Sucks you have had so much trouble with it.
Welcome to the family none the less. Very exclusive and slowly declining family lol

Ssafc will fix the bogging and will fix fuel cut on cold days. Datalog and ftc is only useful if you intend to spend time and money at dyno.
I got my v1 afc20 with stock super map preinstalled here used.
Haven't changed the map or even loaded up r4
It does need a battery pull refresh from time to time though.
I don't follow build threads very much but maybe he had an hks bov? Kind of peircing sound?
I do like mine but now that I've had it a while ill swap it for a greddy.
Still manacing but more the gush of air over a peircing whistle that undoubtedly deafened a few as I drove past lol.

Ps. At least it Looks fantastic. Full motors and trans for these cars are pretty cheap. I personally just don't have patience for a rusty pos. Clean body, ill make it work =]

Last edited:
Got the evilMonkey home from Florida (had to name it after PO).

This didn't turn out to be easy. Took car to trans shop in Titusville last Monday. LSD had started to disintegrate. Dif clutch plates had broken up and were throughout the trans. 3rd was looking pretty rough.
They deemed it un-rebuildable.
So, I ordered a 72k trans off ebay and had it fed-ex overnighted from Chicago. $500 shipping! Got trans on Thursday AM and had installed by Friday @ 11am. Drove home to AnnArbor.

BUT, not out of the woods. Still has bad front wheel bearing. Will attack that with my neighbor this weekend.

I had never driven a MSP before. The evilmonkey had done the BOV and it sounds like someone cracking a whip whenever off/on throttle. You guys like that?

Weird dead spot in the power curve. This is where it goes rich? So if I want to fix that I need to do a split second A/F? Do I really need datalogger or are their maps out there that would be compatible with the mods I have? I assume that I'll need a A/F gauge and 4 wire?

Point me where I need to go.

13389481975_edbc2c3ca2_b.jpg
I'm sorry that you had a rough start with your MSP ownership, but maybe I can help, LOL. The dead spot is from the stock map failing at life. The SSAFC fixes it. I'm going to pull mine out and sell it, it's just been too cold here in KS for me to be motivated to do it. The only reason I'm selling it is because I got a deal on a Unichip and decided having control over the timing appealed to me because I have a friend with a dyno, so I can spend the time on it to get it tuned well. If you're interested, PM me and we'll figure out a price.

Back