What have you done to your MSP today?

Sucks you have had so much trouble with it.
Welcome to the family none the less. Very exclusive and slowly declining family lol

Ssafc will fix the bogging and will fix fuel cut on cold days. Datalog and ftc is only useful if you intend to spend time and money at dyno.
I got my v1 afc20 with stock super map preinstalled here used.
Haven't changed the map or even loaded up r4
It does need a battery pull refresh from time to time though.
I don't follow build threads very much but maybe he had an hks bov? Kind of peircing sound?
I do like mine but now that I've had it a while ill swap it for a greddy.
Still manacing but more the gush of air over a peircing whistle that undoubtedly deafened a few as I drove past lol.

Ps. At least it Looks fantastic. Full motors and trans for these cars are pretty cheap. I personally just don't have patience for a rusty pos. Clean body, ill make it work =]

Thanks for the info!
I like the car and hope to use it for a good long time. evilmonkey kept good care of it. The trans issue was nothing he hid from me. I knew it going in. Too bad it was so expensive to fix.
Car has a eBay FMIC, Relocated MAF, TurboXS Type-H BOV & Cold pipe. No BPV

What is a battery pull refresh?

Have to unhook my battery and totally draib power from the car.
Maybe not everyone has this issue but my car seems to learn around the afc. I also have to let the turbo spin up before poping full throttle. Car just seems to pull better.

I'm only at 8psi via atp wga but car is still fun. Wonder how she will be with a non leaking exhaust mani and turboback exhaust.
Your not the only one with trans pain though. I rode the car 6 years without an issue and only now has my lsd disintegrated. I'm babying it now until I get my mx3 fixed to drive and tear this apart again.
Had that planned for like... july august but some fker stealing my wheels pushed the schedule up a bit.

Have to unhook my battery and totally draib power from the car.
Maybe not everyone has this issue but my car seems to learn around the afc. I also have to let the turbo spin up before poping full throttle. Car just seems to pull better.

I'm only at 8psi via atp wga but car is still fun. Wonder how she will be with a non leaking exhaust mani and turboback exhaust.
Your not the only one with trans pain though. I rode the car 6 years without an issue and only now has my lsd disintegrated. I'm babying it now until I get my mx3 fixed to drive and tear this apart again.
Had that planned for like... july august but some fker stealing my wheels pushed the schedule up a bit.

Sorry about wheels. The racingharts were one of the reasons I like these cars (but have seen them w great looking aftermarket wheels too).
What is "atp wga"? I've got a lot of terminology to learn.
How did you know that your LSD disintegrated?

Sorry about wheels. The racingharts were one of the reasons I like these cars (but have seen them w great looking aftermarket wheels too).
What is "atp wga"? I've got a lot of terminology to learn.
How did you know that your LSD disintegrated?

ATP is a company- Advanced Tuning Products.
WGA- Wastegate Actuator.

It'll sound like your transmission is full of gravel and the car will either not move under it's own power or barely move, the LSD is toast.

Got me some grip for dirt cheap. $30 per tire :D

IMAG1034_zpsfcef8ca4.jpg

Internal waste gate actuator made by atp turbo. A common replacement for stock.
I knew my lsd was on way out back in 2012 when I started doing one wheek burnouts on hill corners lol.
I haf it all out in november and found two chunks lodged in with my dif plates. No one could tell me what they were. Mazda tech or otherwise and I couldn't fish them out so left them.
My trans clicks when rolling off throttle and is quiet on power. So the dif is diffing and when power is applied whatever is floating is clamped but doesn't do any limited slipping.
Basically its an open dif with floating s*** atm.
I really need to get back in there and replace the dif. Unfortunately that's a $1000 job lol. Kibda screwed atm.

I found all this out when replacing primary shaft bearings. And my clutch. But its my daily.

And I thought obe run tires in rc was expensive lol...

What offset are those wheel? Is 38+ considered safe?

have to roll your rear fenders and add slight camber, fronts are good.

I havent rolled mine and im +35 with -1.5 camber. No rubbing. I'm also not lowered a whole lot right meow. This was at an autocross before the coilovers fully settled.

GOPR00321_zps34b4caf3.jpg

Last edited:
I havent rolled mine and im +35 with -1.5 camber. No rubbing

What's the wheel width and tire size?

I keep forgetting I had bigger tires when I had +38 wheels contributing to my rubbing

Anyone else see the FB page, "MSP owners lounge" where someone posted an MSP at an autocross event running 265/25r18s? That's a wide tire for an MSP. I run 245s on the 8, so I can't imagine a 265 on an MSP.

Back