What have you done to your MSP today?

to add to my last post. This is why Mental addiction was going to make a new oil pan w/ a trap door setup and a new oil pickup. Direct quote from beau.

The stock oil pan has a baffle.A better desgined baffle will not cure the oil starvation issues.The pickup tube design in the FS is not the greatest.This is where alot of issues come in.IMO to do it right you need the oil pan and pickup tube redesigned.I have reredesigned and built an oil pan for the FS motor.Due to peoples demand and other projects I have put it on the back burner.

^Now there's a relic! Man, that post has to be like... 7 years old. I'm pretty sure Beau was banned just before I joined up.

Or at least the paying for and dreaming of actually receiving your parts... Haha.

the doc b setup wont help you if your oil pickup gets uncovered from hard cornering. Knox had a awr pan and his motor still blew from oil starvation.

to add to my last post. This is why Mental addiction was going to make a new oil pan w/ a trap door setup and a new oil pickup. Direct quote from beau.

oh ok, that makes sense. The stock setup is also the reason I haven't done any track events with the car. Well, that along with the fact that I don't want to snap another diff. I would like this one to last until I can get the MFactory diff

Or at least the paying for and dreaming of actually receiving your parts... Haha.

what i meant was around that time(2003-2006) is when there were actually vendors. spool,magnus,wagner,ion,ghl,greddy,mam,etc. all in those early years. Now who do we have? no one lol. Vibrant doesn't even make a exhaust for the msp anymore.

what i meant was around that time(2003-2006) is when there were actually vendors. spool,magnus,wagner,ion,ghl,greddy,mam,etc. all in those early years. Now who do we have? no one lol. Vibrant doesn't even make a exhaust for the msp anymore.

corksport

i know corksport makes one they are pretty much the only vendor that is still around for the protege. I wonder all the time when they are going to jump ship lol

Right. It's an absolute bummer when you think about how many people want to work on the cars, but at the same time... the MSP turns 10 next year, and the BJ platform is 14 years old. Why dedicate valuable resources toward development on antiquated technology when there are all of these new cars on the market with more HP, more potential gains, and people who just bought them who have money burning holes in their pockets. It sucks, but gotta follow the $$$.

because they are common and you can make power with them. msp's aren't common and you can make power without building them. Nissans & hondas both have strong motors and are a dime a dozen. as far as miatas go they are common...... and they have their own racing class lol.

because they are common and you can make power with them. msp's aren't common and you can make power without building them. Nissans & hondas both have strong motors and are a dime a dozen. as far as miatas go they are common...... and they have their own racing class lol.
^This^

Right. It's an absolute bummer when you think about how many people want to work on the cars, but at the same time... the MSP turns 10 next year, and the BJ platform is 14 years old. Why dedicate valuable resources toward development on antiquated technology when there are all of these new cars on the market with more HP, more potential gains, and people who just bought them who have money burning holes in their pockets. It sucks, but gotta follow the $$$.

exactly why I'm getting something new(er) sometime this summer

Ok so uhhh I want a carbon fiber trunk... What's the chances of finding one for a reasonable price?

Back