What have you done to your MSP today?

I love everything about an Rx8 except it has NO BALLS and it cant even be given any or the tranny will disintegrate... as easily as the protege!

Such is the nature of a rotary car! But, at least you don't have to slow down in turns. Haha.

If you want to stay rwd there really isn't much. I had that same dilemma also. Thought I was going to really miss rwd and could only come up with the 8, is300, s13. Just didn't want a 240 for various reasons. Is300 really only had rwd going for it, decided on msp as the is300 is too luxury and smooth to be precise. And the 8 had poor mpg and just thought it wouldnt live up to a 7. In the end decided to go fwd for the daily/ more liveable car

I can honestly say that I'd rather take my MSP to 129 than any of the Porsches, BMWs, Astons, NSXs, etc. that I've driven. I thoroughly enjoy my car. It's a relationship that most of you are familiar with. The level of commitment that MSP owners have is like nothing I've ever seen. We all sit here and at some point b**** and b**** and b**** and call our cars a piece of s***, call it every name in the world, yet we still keep it and we still dump money into it- some of us more than others. If I suddenly had a large, large amount of disposable income, I'd have the most bad ass MSP on the planet, and it'd still be slower and handle worse than a Civic with the same modifications.

I always figured that if I was to win a lot of cash id build the most badass msp ever. My wife already knows that ill probably never get rid of the stupid car and it will probably end up in the garage forever.

chomper FWD is better for a DD if you have to deal with snow i will agree with you on that. Thats why i ended up with a MSP.

Now living in orlando... i will never buy a FWD car again lol. I want to do a kl swapped P5 so bad but FWD just will never be as much fun and RWD same to AWD as well.. that s*** is lame takes away from driving cause it just does it for you.

My msp is not the fastest thing out there but pretty quick (when its running), and my silverado is almost just as fun to drive cause everyday i leave work i dont think i have yet to not kick it side ways on the way... 5 Speed silverado FTW

not trying to be a hater but RWD is just so much more fun.

id def agree that RWD is way more fun, hence my dilemma of wanting to keep RWD. But only really sold me fd anyways since i need it for a winter job this year/ decided to go fwd. But if it never snowed, id never get fwd, maybe

I think battleing insane amounts of torque steer when flooring my msp is fun. On the other hand I calculated how much time it was in the garage vs on the road in the past year and yeah... I know why my wife calls it unreliable now. To be fair most of the time nothing is really "broken" its just that I end up having to do a lot of custom work to install custom parts that I dont really need in the first place.

Which, oddly enough, is only a half second faster to 60 than an MS6 and significantly more expensive.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick about this idea, it's just one of those things where Mazda really isn't known for their prowess in a straight line. Know what I mean? Love the cars to death, but it's an unfortunate truth.

Actually its more than half a second faster but yeah, im sure the handling is amazing.

Last edited:
mazda-929-03.jpg

/car-search

Back