What have you done to your MSP today?

Yeah, I think I've chosen a sunligh silver RX8 as my newest car...

You want to know whats sad? I've actually been trying to find a car that has had the motor replaced under warranty already so that I can get 60k or so out of it before I have to deal with it. All of the 04s are out of warranty at this point. I haven't found a single car that has an in service date later than July of 2004. Now, that's talking about 04s. I haven't found any 05s I like or that are in my preferred price range.

This guy wanting to buy my V1 ssafc is hilarious. He doesn't want to pay for it until it's ready to ship. I'm not pulling it out of my car and packaging it until it's paid for... noob.

This guy wanting to buy my V1 ssafc is hilarious. He doesn't want to pay for it until it's ready to ship. I'm not pulling it out of my car and packaging it until it's paid for... noob.

why not get half then remove it before receiving the other half? personally i wait till things are uninstalled before paying for them completely.

I understand that, but the way he was talking, he wanted it all ready to go before money was sent. That seems like work that I don't need to do for money I might not receive. Though, the counter to that is the fact that it's for sale either way and will have to get pulled and packaged to ship anyway. So, I understand, but it seemed more like a requirement by him.

Yeah, I think I've chosen a sunligh silver RX8 as my newest car...

You want to know whats sad? I've actually been trying to find a car that has had the motor replaced under warranty already so that I can get 60k or so out of it before I have to deal with it. All of the 04s are out of warranty at this point. I haven't found a single car that has an in service date later than July of 2004. Now, that's talking about 04s. I haven't found any 05s I like or that are in my preferred price range.
Man I can't believe you really want an RX-8, I like the cars but they are gutless turds.

The only RX8 I like is the R3. It feels like it's fast because it has a different trans and exhaust but then you look at the speedo... Like I say they are cool cars but after working on them I would never want one, especially not an 04-06 model.

Id agree that I like rx8s, but id never get one. Been thinking about a daily replacement for a fd rx7. Considered a few cars including an 8 since I had countless potential trades. Good chassis and decent engine but it just for sone reason doesn't do it for me. Ended up deciding on msp as the best daily. 8 is just hard to daily with low tq and bad gas mileage. Although the engines could easily surpass 60k, just need to put it into the right hands. I know water injection improves fd reliablility drastically. Might help minorly on a 8

Here is what I'm looking for:
-Mazda
-RWD
-Something resembling a back seat
-Standard Transmission, 6 speed is even better
-Up-to-date styling

So, what's that leave me with? Exactly.

I've seriously considered an IS300, but they just don't jump out at me. I miss my Protege5 and have considered a 3S, but there's no fun there. Practical, but not fun. And if I were to go that route, I'd get an automatic. There's also the 6, but it's the same situation as the 3. Then I've considered a Tribute/Escape for, yet again, practicallity, but I fear transmission failure, so I want a manual transmission in that- I've seen like 2 of those... EVER.

I've been in the automotive industry for years and I've never understood brand loyalty, but now I find myself in that situation. I can't really explain why. Has my MSP been problem free, a complete joy, frustration free? No. Was my P5? Yes. Was my ES? Yes. Will the RX8? Probably not.

I ventured away from Mazda(kinda) for over 3 years when we got the S2000....was it a fun car? Hell yes, but when it came time for wanting something new Mazda got me back. I tried driving a new WRX and it felt flacid and uninspiring...The MS3 made me feel like it wanted to push me on the ground and kick me....and I liked that hahaha

I ventured away from Mazda(kinda) for over 3 years when we got the S2000....was it a fun car? Hell yes, but when it came time for wanting something new Mazda got me back. I tried driving a new WRX and it felt flacid and uninspiring...The MS3 made me feel like it wanted to push me on the ground and kick me....and I liked that hahaha

I've been fortunate enough to have driven some incredibly nice, fast, and great handling cars having managed a high-end European shop. The location of my previous shop also allowed me the ability to have some spirited driving on road tests and I even had 2 customers tell me I could take their cars to 129 because they knew I was into that and spend a lot of time over there. I didn't do it, because what if something happened and I destroy their 60k car??? I'd feel like s***. I can honestly say that I'd rather take my MSP to 129 than any of the Porsches, BMWs, Astons, NSXs, etc. that I've driven. I thoroughly enjoy my car. It's a relationship that most of you are familiar with. The level of commitment that MSP owners have is like nothing I've ever seen. We all sit here and at some point b**** and b**** and b**** and call our cars a piece of s***, call it every name in the world, yet we still keep it and we still dump money into it- some of us more than others. If I suddenly had a large, large amount of disposable income, I'd have the most bad ass MSP on the planet, and it'd still be slower and handle worse than a Civic with the same modifications.

I think it could out handle a civic...

Quickness is not what an RX8 is good for tho... and we all know it. Torqueless wonders with 240 hp... you can't ask for it to do anything impressive

Back