What have you done to your MSP today?

Lol well like I said, I've been running this way for the better part of a year now so I'm sure they were probably fouled a long time ago.

I took the car the get the windows tinted

IMAG0130.jpg

Geez, I thought they were made to last a lot longer than that. I guess the only ones that are long lasting are the iridiums? In that case, I'll go grab a set tomorrow if I get time.

They would probably last longer than that, but for $12 bucks and 10 mins... why not? The MSP doesn't respond well to iridiums. Mine liked the cheap, basic copper plugs best.

They would probably last longer than that, but for $12 bucks and 10 mins... why not? The MSP doesn't respond well to iridiums. Mine liked the cheap, basic copper plugs best.

Yea I'm with you on a cheap and easy fix. I remember the first time I had them changed, we pulled out iridiums. But hey, I'm not complaining since I consider it a small win. Yea, we are required to run premium fuel and the stock tune spits it right out of the muffler. At least we can cheap out on plugs! LOL.

lol im glad I never had a stock block boosted protege. Sounds like everybody is scared to even drive there car.

so do i drive my car like im scared? lol not really scared to crankthe boost up to 10. i just know that both my o2 sensors are either bad or on the way out. would rather fix the problem of the o2 sensors now before they cause problems later.

Yea I'm with you on a cheap and easy fix. I remember the first time I had them changed, we pulled out iridiums. But hey, I'm not complaining since I consider it a small win. Yea, we are required to run premium fuel and the stock tune spits it right out of the muffler. At least we can cheap out on plugs! LOL.

I pulled platnium +2s out of mine after I bought it... you know, those bosch ones that you don't gap? yeah.... previous owner of my car was a MORON.

wiring clusterfu**

decided to use some of the harbor freight wire wrap to redo most of the wiring in the engine bay. plus ended up relocating a bunch of grounds away from the water temp harness. also what's that thing that is usually right next to the water temp harness? also separated the injector harnesses into a separate line. will post progress tomorrow

C360_2011-10-0318-36-28.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at that pic, has anyone done a real wire tuck on these cars? It really needs it.

the one my buddy keeps talking bout is to run the injector triggers under the intake mani and thru the center, but looking at it today, u cant really do it without extenting the wires or like stripping the original looming all the way back to the firewall.

so do i drive my car like im scared? lol not really scared to crankthe boost up to 10. i just know that both my o2 sensors are either bad or on the way out. would rather fix the problem of the o2 sensors now before they cause problems later.

your running low boost, so yes lol

and I've been running iridiums ever since being turbo, never had a problem

the one my buddy keeps talking bout is to run the injector triggers under the intake mani and thru the center, but looking at it today, u cant really do it without extenting the wires or like stripping the original looming all the way back to the firewall.

its def possible without extending wires, I tucked all my wires underneath the intake mani a while back, all I had to do was cut the loom and re-wrap the wires.

it is normal to loose a little coolant, seeing as the coolant cools the the turbo it just comes with the territory. Changing the cap is a good plan anyway. The car smelling like coolant is normal, I told my fiance that was "eau de MSP". Oil is somewhat concerning, but you're probably overreacting.
I was hoping so, looking inside the radiator it looks rust colored. I'm gonna order a new head gasket and get started this weekend. Anybody care to share a complete parts list I need? Mainly need to know which hardware is necessary to replace.

And for plugs, I run the ZFR6F-11s, very happy with them. Although the ZFR6F has a smaller gap closer to what the MSP needs.

its def possible without extending wires, I tucked all my wires underneath the intake mani a while back, all I had to do was cut the loom and re-wrap the wires.

Since I have to replace my head gasket now, and i've already redone my wiring harness and tucked and deleted a bunch of sensors, grounds, and wires, I think I want to do this too. What about the wiring for the cam and crank sensors and AC compressor trigger?

Back