What have you done to your MSP today?

Thank you very very much. I won't do the front main if I can't do it from the outside. I know you have your VTCS deleted, did it give you a bad idle? I was going to remove the VTCS flaps when the mani is off. I tied the flaps open for a bit and didn't notice much of a difference other than slightly worse cold starts and the idle wasn't very smooth.

I need to order the parts I need but i'm worried i'm missing something. So far I have on my list: new Cometic HG, new felpro exhaust and intake mani gaskets, new head bolts, water block gasket and cam seals. I'm also getting a new set of VC bolts, turbo return O ring, and upper timing cover because I need them.

I wish I could join a BUNCH of GBs, gotta get the car on the road first.
I feel like i'm addicted to modding and it SUCKS when you are broke. No end in sight when it comes to modding.

I wish I could join a BUNCH of GBs, gotta get the car on the road first.
I feel like i'm addicted to modding and it SUCKS when you are broke. No end in sight when it comes to modding.

It has been two year since the MSP has seen anything but the Garage. The motor has traveled farther than the car. Seems like everytime. I had the money something has happened and the money went somewhere else lol.

All is on the up and up now though! Just hope in continues.

Just saying, it could be worse lol

I am afraid of them breaking off, two broke off in my MSP and one broke off in my P5.

The bolts are 18-8 grade stainless steel. I wouldn't worry too much about them breaking off. lol

I better start contributing to the thread before I get scolded.

I'm slowly gathering the funds for the SpeedCircuit turbo kit.
I will be selling off the Supercharger setup (already taken) so today I started planningout how I'm going to do the removal
of the kit. Because it's my DD its going to take a couple of days.

Over torqueing?

And weak bolts. I used a small ratchet and was just trying to get them snug. Same front drivers side bolt on both my p5 and MSP.

When i remove the cams is it safe to reuse the cam cap hardware? Really dont want any more bolts broken off in the head.

Alright i will reuse them then, any other tips or things to remeber since im doing my HG right now? Gonna order the parts tonight since its payday.

new walbro 255 installed... new wga installed... bought new ngk iridium plugs, put them in in the morning, im chasing this bogging down gremlin my car is experiencing. . . and found out my oil catch can i bought from a member does not seal very well at all at the fitting that are connected to the can itself.. oh well fix coming soon.

new walbro 255 installed... new wga installed... bought new ngk iridium plugs, put them in in the morning, im chasing this bogging down gremlin my car is experiencing. . . and found out my oil catch can i bought from a member does not seal very well at all at the fitting that are connected to the can itself.. oh well fix coming soon.

I use the ngk v-power plugs which are a fraction of the cost of iridium's and I think they work great. A few pages back I was discussing them and several members told me they prefer the v-power over iridium and the only downside is that they don't last very long (maybe 10-15k tops) but since you can get a full set for $10 then who the hell cares?

i have the v-power ones in now/before. im just trying to do the little things ans switch stuff around until i have to eliminate these issues im having.... or take it to a shop and find out lol

have you checked you coil packs?? i had that issue of boggin under boost it was horrible turned out to be my coil packs

Finally got the cams out, haven't had much time to work on the MSP. I will remove the rest of the headbolts tomorrow and pull the head to see what the gasket looks like. Still haven't located a good machine shop in the area. I'm driving the Bullitt but I miss my MSP, bad tune, hesitation and all. I really just miss the handling and brakes.

Yeah i was drving on my way to work today and the engine light started to flash for like 30 sec. then turned solid... then it started to flash again.. and went solid again... WTF... this engine light is honting me! Once im not working a 10-12 day, ill have to figure out what the hell is its problem... Already changed the plugs, and O2 sensor....

Back