What have you done to your MSP today?

What's your guys thoughts on 3k hid headlights? Think it's a dumb idea/illegal or what... Thanks
Likely will receive police attention. What is your motivation for doing it?

I know here yellow headlights are illegal, not to mention you do not get as much light output as having a proper headlight color.

Why do you say this? HIDs tend to have a higher lumen output in lower color temp.

Last edited:
Likely will receive police attention. What is your motivation for doing it?

Why do you say this? HIDs tend to have a higher output in lower color temp.

3k output would be more yellow than white, if it was the better light output OE cars would not come with a 4300kish bulb which typically give 3x more light output than traditional halogens. Halogens are also close to a 2300k light, so IMO 3k would be nothing more than a bit more yellow than our OE halogens and not give anywhere close to the light output of a proper 4300k bulb.

3k output would be more yellow than white, if it was the better light output OE cars would not come with a 4300kish bulb which typically give 3x more light output than traditional halogens. Halogens are also close to a 2300k light, so IMO 3k would be nothing more than a bit more yellow than our OE halogens and not give anywhere close to the light output of a proper 4300k bulb.

I think you're confusing HID with non-HID output.
Look at the trend below... the higher the Kelvin color rating, the lower lumen output. While 3000K output is not listed its reasonable to deduce from the mathmatical pattern provided that a 3000K hid will output MORE light than a 4300k. Also, you need to consider here that the color temps are not "actual", but rather are adjusted to marketing expectations. 2300k would actually be MORE yellow than a 3000k HID, and obviously it is not, if the ratings were "actual".
http://www.manyadeal.com/page.html?id=24

And instead of Mathematical, here is a visual demonstration of ACTUAL 3000k HIDs... not 3000k advertised HIDs:

3K, 3K, 4K, 4K
5K, 5K, 6K, 6K
8K, 8K, 10K, 10K
12K, 12K, 3K, 3K
HIDcolor-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure personal campaigning isn't allowed for MOTM

It isn't.....

Instant DQ. Better luck next month.

Sorry didn't do it on purpose. I didn't see that rule and I deleted the post in question. This is the first time I've gone for MOTM and I should have read the rules more thoroughly.

On another note my pretty sure the MSP's fuel pump died and my Delorean is leaking coolant pretty badly. When it rains it pours I guess. Anyone had fuel pump issues @ 100k?

Stock fuel pumps take a good deal of beating... up to 300ishwhp might wanna keep diagnosing. Dont think Ive seen one fail

Fuel pumps fail all the time. Just take the fuel line off and see if any fuel comes out when you rank the engine, or test the pump with a volt meter.

Fuel pumps fail all the time. Just take the fuel line off and see if any fuel comes out when you rank the engine, or test the pump with a volt meter.

I have a fuel pressure gauge and it is reading 0 PSI no matter how many times I crank it or try to prime it. No sounds from the pump either. Already ordered Walbro from Protegegarage. And WTF is up with the high pressure fuel filter being in the tank? The filter is $48!!

Back