What have you done to your MSP today?

I found out what the problem was on my other protege.. the timing belt tensioner spring broke which is what was making a rattling noise constantly and then eventually I guess the timing belt got a bit loose and was off by one tooth which made it idle like crap. Total cost of repair... about 7 bucks for a new spring.

My wife got super pissed cause she really thought she was getting a new car this time!

Get to do a mam fmic install and gut the interior on haze20's msp in about 2 hours. This thing is going to be beast. His car dyno's 190whp @ 10psi with just a vibrant exhaust and a k&n drop in filter. Can't wait to see what it does with a fmic.

Last edited:
Damn, nice. Interested in what my car would do on a dyno. I'll have to wait til I build now though. Boosting wastegate pressure on the GT30 is suicide on my motor lol

I went to replace the stock down pipe with a Pope yesterday to find that 4 of the 5 studs on the turbo were seized. I also found that 3 of the bolts on the exhaust manifold were seized.

What size studs/bolts do I need to replace these?

Locked my keys in my car.... Waiting for AAA to show up cause my spare is at my house... And parents are down at ikea over a hour away.... Oh and the car is running! Wooooo

Took the Haltech out temporarily so I can drive the car and the stock ECU and see if everything is running good without any leaks to include boost leaks. Took the manual boost controller out since I won't need it for now. I must say I scared myself a little bit, the car hit 10psi pretty quickly. It would have kept going but I let off when I noticed I was building boost. Holy s***!!! GT30 ain't no joke!!!! Haltech will be going back in tomorrow so I can hopefully make some progress. That will be the first and probably last pull I do until the motor gets built.

I'm running for MOTM! Please vote for me as mine is the only one with a real BUILT motor. If you've seen my build thread you know how much work I, not some shop, have put into this MSP. If you haven't go check out my thread and then VOTE.

Thanks fellow MSP owners!

I'm pretty sure personal campaigning isn't allowed for MOTM

It isn't.....

as others have mentioned.

There is NO tolerance for PERSONAL CAMPAIGNING threads, posts, private messages (PMs), images or links (including signature and or image links). The creation of such ANYWHERE on or off the Internet including Mazdas247.com will result in immediate disqualification *If you are disqualified, your entry & poll listing WILL remain but your votes will be removed. Everyone will see that you broke the MOTM rules

Back