What have you done to your MS6 today?

got over the 100k thing and took it for some much loved abuse at the strip... first time i've raced it since last summer... only managed to get a 15.2 :( last years best was 14.75

I think one of my wheel bearings is gone (noisy at speeds and turning....wheels are balanced and aligned...). Car is 72000 km, so this is unusual...not really for MS6....Car also developed a weird noise when at idle and fan goes off. It's not the fan, seems to come from one of the pulleys....

Did a MAF calibration. Noticed that my LTFT's had drifted a bit, so I'm trying to nail them down before doing a little boost tuning.

Same here with the bearings, Spooler. I thought it was my bald tires, but the humming continued with my brandy-new Kumhos. I also noticed that the humming goes away when I take left-handers. So my right rear bearing is gone. Gives me something to do on my upcoming vacation.

-Jay

took off the front bumper and realized the reason I had a cord hanging was because my fog light HID ballast fell the f*ck off.

soooo, now I need new ones.

and SURE Dreadnaught is still sitting in my car. the install is not gonna look good...

Same here with the bearings, Spooler. I thought it was my bald tires, but the humming continued with my brandy-new Kumhos. I also noticed that the humming goes away when I take left-handers. So my right rear bearing is gone. Gives me something to do on my upcoming vacation.

-Jay

Had the car checked and all wheel bearings are fine. My noise comes from my tires, which are bad Chinese Sunny S3000 (came with the car...they are garbage...). My other noise was the A/C tensioner, overall a $300 repair (wheels inspection + tensioner). Engine is quiet now, all back to normal.

Just programmed my car with the Hypertech tuner lets see what she does after ecu is complete.

Well about 3 weeks ago I told people I had bought 4 cans of Plasti-Dip and saran wrap and to guess what I was doing. Well I FINALLY got around to taking pics. Mainly because I wanted to wash the car (First time in 3 months!!) Clayed and everything. Pisses me off to no end seeing all the new nicks and what not.

Also got some K&N filter cleaner and cleaned the Corksport air filter. When rinsed most of the water turned dark brown. But now looks brand new.

Sorry for the crappy pics, in my driveway and packing for a 16 hour drive.
DSCN1683.jpg

DSCN1684.jpg

I decided to leave the lug nuts alone just so it breaks it up a bit. I will get better pics at a later date. Plasti dip has stood up to two power washings since applying and all is well. I unfortunately frequent gravel roads and need to find a better way to clean the dust off the coating though. It's not quite black

costing me a fortune in gas... i may have to park it for the winter early... who am i kidding i'll keep driving and get raped at the pumps every time

i've pumped aprox. $130 into the tank in the last two days :(

Dave, how much for gas in PEI these days? We are paying ~$1.53 per liter in Montreal for 94 octane. A fill up is around $83. I agree, these cars aren't cheap on gas...not that I have a heavy right foot....

Dave, how much for gas in PEI these days? We are paying ~$1.53 per liter in Montreal for 94 octane. A fill up is around $83. I agree, these cars aren't cheap on gas...not that I have a heavy right foot....

$1.303/L for 91 octane

I've finally settled into a good driving routine and it's running me between $25 and $30 a week on average now. Totally manageable now that I'm not flooring the car at every stop light.

need to figure out a way to build a ghetto intercooler sprayer before sunday... give me your ideas!

need to figure out a way to build a ghetto intercooler sprayer before sunday... give me your ideas!

How permanent does it have to be? If it's for the drag strip or autocross, where you have a good amount of time between runs, why not try a garden sprayer full of ice water?

A lot of the guys I autocross with do that.

How permanent does it have to be? If it's for the drag strip or autocross, where you have a good amount of time between runs, why not try a garden sprayer full of ice water?

A lot of the guys I autocross with do that.

Not sure this is advisable given that our intercoolers sit right on top of our coil packs.

Not sure this is advisable given that our intercoolers sit right on top of our coil packs.

agreed... i dont even like using bags of ice like i currently use due to the water running down there...

anyways... urgency has gone down.... instead of fun at the drag strip i'll be stuck at work... time to start planning for next season

as far as today goes, i bought a new cable for my dashhawk

Back