What have you done to your MS3 today?

Tire rotate (at 45,450). Jeez, I'll have to do it again soon (late 2016 or early 2017). :D
Damn you Man ! And your thriftiness !

are those the factory spec tire? i recall mine had continentals . 215/45/18 . Luckily i was run into the curbing from a kid doing a lane change into me way back when.
I replaced with tenzo dc-5 bronze 9.5.
Now i have Dunlop direzza 235/40 up front and Nitto 555 225/40 out back. and still at factory weights ( rotational mass ). (wink)

latest on my car is
Got the correct bolts and washers for the CS downpipe to a CS HF mid pipe and secured. Reattached chassis brace.
The new heater hose lines are attached to the firewall ( goodyear 5/8ths in baby blue). But no i am going to replace all the coolant lines. all of them.
My special order Samco lower hose arrived after many months working with some fine folks at Samco and http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
awesome help! Its in blue of course. Have the tees so i can remove the section of hard piping to the heater core and run all flex and dress it in.
This started because with the new CS turbo in the stock location, with an HTP 3.5 inch turbo inlet pipe caused and interference with the heater hose!
I also have been moving wire harnesses and brackets to tidy up the engine bay.
Ordering more heater hose tonight.
Slow progress but fun and good therapy for me LOL.

Damn you Man ! And your thriftiness !

are those the factory spec tire? i recall mine had continentals . 215/45/18 . Luckily i was run into the curbing from a kid doing a lane change into me way back when.
I replaced with tenzo dc-5 bronze 9.5.
Now i have Dunlop direzza 235/40 up front and Nitto 555 225/40 out back. and still at factory weights ( rotational mass ). (wink)

latest on my car is
Got the correct bolts and washers for the CS downpipe to a CS HF mid pipe and secured. Reattached chassis brace.
The new heater hose lines are attached to the firewall ( goodyear 5/8ths in baby blue). But no i am going to replace all the coolant lines. all of them.
My special order Samco lower hose arrived after many months working with some fine folks at Samco and http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
awesome help! Its in blue of course. Have the tees so i can remove the section of hard piping to the heater core and run all flex and dress it in.
This started because with the new CS turbo in the stock location, with an HTP 3.5 inch turbo inlet pipe caused and interference with the heater hose!
I also have been moving wire harnesses and brackets to tidy up the engine bay.
Ordering more heater hose tonight.
Slow progress but fun and good therapy for me LOL.
I guess "thrifty" applies. I got tired of being broke all the time, so I quit blowing money so much. Getting a WAY better job didn't hurt, either. :D

I'm not running stock tires or wheels. I really didn't like the stock wheels, so I sold mine and put on some RX-8s. I took the Bridgestones off at 4,500 and put on Yokohama YK-520 225/45x18. Those didn't last long, so Discount gave me a super price on the Continental DWS 225/45/18s. They're lasting WAY longer. I can still see the "S" after 16K (that was a bit over three years ago ).

you will probably have to change tires from dry rot before seeing a treadwear bar. I went through one set of fronts in less than 5k.
Long smoky burnouts can be hilarious fun. till you see wire coming through the tires.

: )
I ordered some Mishimoto 3/8ths line for some of the heater hose splits. Like TB and Turbo. in orange of course. Goodyear baby blue for the main 5/8 heater hose and orange for the little f'rs. Mild purple wire loom. gonna look like someone threw up a pack of gummies bears when i open the hood.

you will probably have to change tires from dry rot before seeing a treadwear bar. I went through one set of fronts in less than 5k.
Long smoky burnouts can be hilarious fun. till you see wire coming through the tires.

: )
I ordered some Mishimoto 3/8ths line for some of the heater hose splits. Like TB and Turbo. in orange of course. Goodyear baby blue for the main 5/8 heater hose and orange for the little f'rs. Mild purple wire loom. gonna look like someone threw up a pack of gummies bears when i open the hood.
Most likely. The Revo 2s on the Ram went on Sept. '09. They have a whopping 28K now. To think I used to drive that much in a year. (crazy)

I forget the rules... can we advertise a car for sale in here?
NO absolutely not! you cannot sell a cosmic blue speed 3 any where at anytime ever. Thats the rule. and its a Cosmic rule.
send me an email or PM. maybe i could store it for you till you recover your senses. Of course i would pay for the storage fee and such. and come summer you could come visit. Take the pony out for s gallop?
Or would you accept some guitars? possibly a pink HM Strat signed by Vai and the design influence for Fender on this model.( i will make you look it up : ) its for real. Plays like it was meant to.
I can get Andy Babiuk to set it up for you even. he is the s***.

I will keep her for you if you wish. let me know Anthony

Full disclosure, and this is usually something I'd save for a PM - but here goes, my wife and I split. Divorce papers filed (not my wish) and all my stuff is in the garage at the old house. Except the Strat and Mesa ;)

I have a bit of debt, and with the car payment I can't afford a place for my son and I. I still have the Forester. Suddenly having a 350whp turbo hatch doesn't really matter anymore.

:shrug:

Full disclosure, and this is usually something I'd save for a PM - but here goes, my wife and I split. Divorce papers filed (not my wish) and all my stuff is in the garage at the old house. Except the Strat and Mesa ;)

I have a bit of debt, and with the car payment I can't afford a place for my son and I. I still have the Forester. Suddenly having a 350whp turbo hatch doesn't really matter anymore.

:shrug:
life is hilarious. I noticed this o'er my 54 year''s.

I am in a better spot by luck or hard work.
Family is always first. I learned it late. But got a handle on it now.

like i said i will watch over the car for you. I have an 8 month old grandson i am going to teach to drive with me the day he turns seven. its is agreed. the women get him till then to ooh and aah . but when he becomes seven he will know why men are stupid and must drive fast.
pm me

Mishimoto 3/8ths coolant lines due tomorrow. in orange.
red and blue vacuum lines baby blue goodyear 5/8ths heater hoses and purple wire loom.

still putzing with it and hope for next year being drivable

Someone asked me wtf do you have a green shift knob in a cosmic blue speed.
well for one thing, they noticed. the other thing is i really like the weight and feel of the thing.
Or maybe i am just embracing my inner rainbow.

still looking into powder coating my Valve cover and JMF intake mani. maybe green to match the shift knob?

do i have to scale the 3bar MAP sensor?
what about the 3.5 intake? do i have to throw some new numbers up in there to? after switching out the day two AEM CAI ? ( may be for sale Yo ) with aftermarket inlet pipe and couplings..
and how about using the Grimmspeed ebcs in two port "bleed" do i need to change my duty cycle? different turbo but adjustable IWG.
I have race tune via AP V3. but i have no idea what i am doing. i even bought a laptop dedicated to the car.

Turn the boost up to target 26lbs and add some fuel. simple enough right ?
what can go wrong?

life is hilarious. I noticed this o'er my 54 year''s.

I am in a better spot by luck or hard work.
Family is always first. I learned it late. But got a handle on it now.

like i said i will watch over the car for you. I have an 8 month old grandson i am going to teach to drive with me the day he turns seven. its is agreed. the women get him till then to ooh and aah . but when he becomes seven he will know why men are stupid and must drive fast.
pm me
Why wait 'til he's seven? That is driving by himself, right? :D

Why wait 'til he's seven? That is driving by himself, right? :D
I could not reach the pedals at seven and see over the hood. It was either or!
Thats my only reference. Kid is smart as a whip at 8 months though. already can hit
control- alt- delete on the keyboard. maybe he can be my tuner?
appreciate your support Mike !!

Yeah, a Saab Viggen.
yep. that would be sweet. really sweet.

Got my Mishimoto orange 3/8ths coolant line today. so tasty.
But maybe tomorrow i will corrupt them. hope to remove the heater hose hard line, get the 5/8 to 3/8 tee in place and make the short run to the turbo. by the weekend for sure. still thinking about how to keep the Throttle body coolant delete clean, any one ever have any thoughts feel free to suggest.
The reason, if anyone missed it, as to why i started replacing heater and coolant hoses was because the CS turbo transition an HTP 3.5 TIP SRI interferes with the 5/8ths heater hoses. and now it has snowballed.
If i ever get this car running again it will be a miracle. and it will still be dented and scratched.
But the tires are pretty good if they dont dry rot.
Ran when parked
then i opened my toolbox and a beer...

I'm about one headache away from parting it out. Seriously. I want this car gone. And I hate myself for saying that, but I'm at that point in my life where it needs to be simpler.

You said beer...

I'm about one headache away from parting it out. Seriously. I want this car gone. And I hate myself for saying that, but I'm at that point in my life where it needs to be simpler.

You said beer...
I told you brother PM me
I is all about pain and sufferin' always have been

You said beer...
and beer
very important. along with exercise and healthy eating, a bit of yoga and pinch of martial arts. keeps me from trouble

Back