What have you done to your MS3 today?

So is the gasket a newer revison of the 2007 oem unit ? part #s please? PTP John should not be discounted. They did some interesting stuff. And built some very fast cars even though the specialty was srt 4's i believe. lots of concepts are transferable.
I have a couple of the parts still I bought years ago such as windage tray and phenolic gaskets. Not installed though. still haven't pulled the motor and rebuilt , but it's on my list. So anything i can learn from others with experience is extremely helpful.
May i pm you about some details on the head and valve work ?
I look forward to the day when i can detail the plan for the motor build as you and some other helpful folks have.
good luck with the build !

I'm not upgrading the valves or anything, just having the stem seals replaced, having the head cleaned and deck surfaced. I'm not sure the part number but I'd assume it's the same as the new ms3 headgasket (genpoo) onlinemazdaparts.com could help you. I did BSD in September with the drop in build and also did the windage tray.

I'm not upgrading the valves or anything, just having the stem seals replaced, having the head cleaned and deck surfaced. I'm not sure the part number but I'd assume it's the same as the new ms3 headgasket (genpoo) onlinemazdaparts.com could help you. I did BSD in September with the drop in build and also did the windage tray.
Thanks for that. i will check into the gasket when the time comes, but i have that in my file now and much appreciated.
opinions on the BSD. Install and the afterwords if you please. Pm if you wish of course. i write questions here on the forum in case others have an interest : )

Ps trying to find racing control arms with camber adjustment and heavy duty bushings.
I had a link last year from the other forum and have lost . But wondered if anyone here is doing chassis builds
Thanks again Mike and good luck with the build. Same to all you guys .(popcorn)

BSD doesn't add as much NVH as a trans mount does. you looking for front control arms? I think whiteline makes them maybe?

I have SPC rear camber arms.

Kritz's fully bolted PU is fully mounted with (I thought) JBR mounts. After a good amount of miles I seriously don't even feel them anymore. And I drove that car here in Syracuse in February.

yes he has jbr mounts

i got a cobb rmm and will be switching to cpe side mounts

the bsd put my vibes over the top for me.

Nearly got 300 miles out of my last tank, thanks to a lengthy 50 mph constant drive this past weekend that brought me up to nearly 23mpg for my last average

Although I KNOW i can get 300miles, I'm still too chicken to see that needle pegged past empty for too long. There always ends up being 1.5 gallons of fuel left

How accurate is the trip computer's estimate of miles remaining? I've gotten it down to ~7 miles before, but never lower. Someone I know with a different type of car told me it was actually very accurate... like they ran it down to 0 and stalled immediately.

I commonly took it 20 miles past 0. Once I went as much as 30 or so.

That figure is always an estimation so it will never be "very accurate".

There's like, 2 miles in the tank once it's "empty". I use quotations because I've never been able to get anymore than 12 or 12.5 gallons in even below empty. Isn't the stock tank 14.5?

There's like, 2 miles in the tank once it's "empty". I use quotations because I've never been able to get anymore than 12 or 12.5 gallons in even below empty. Isn't the stock tank 14.5?

Yup. At "0" miles remaining you've really got around 2 gallons of fuel left. I went a little over 40 miles once after it said 0. I didn't do this voluntarily, there were no gas stations! I filled up with a little more than 13 gallons.

Kritz's fully bolted PU is fully mounted with (I thought) JBR mounts. After a good amount of miles I seriously don't even feel them anymore. And I drove that car here in Syracuse in February.
I started with the Corksport insert as soon as it was released and loved it. improved shifting. i think it was my first or second mod.
Then the topspeed passenger mount then a 88 duro RMM. Plus ready to install the drivers side this weekend. i dont mind vibratin' but as far as balance shaft delete ? if some performance gain is not there i will skip it at this point.
Mike i think whiteline only offers bushings. I have the their strut tower brace and still the stock tie in to the firewall. They make good s*** for sure. i will take another look.
Last i knew Dominant motorsports had some sweet ones developed off the Focus platform. But they seemed a bit sketchy with no website. Sent an email to them yesterday.
I have run to 0 miles left shown and driven a good bit too. Just because Kramer did it on seinfeld. How far can ya go ? Really ? But that's bad for the pump so i stopped that silly crap.

With BSD it seems a little happier to rev, and you're removing something that essentially drags on the crank, plus it weighs 20-30lbs. Pretty damn heavy. Plus removal gives you another quart of oil capacity which is always good.

With BSD it seems a little happier to rev, and you're removing something that essentially drags on the crank, plus it weighs 20-30lbs. Pretty damn heavy. Plus removal gives you another quart of oil capacity which is always good.
Okay. I want one !
wait i already have it.
i will consider this when i tear the engine down the first time, or an engine. Thank you Mike .

Whats the downside besides NVH ? I read something somewhere sometime that the "delete" of any balance shaft can cause bad harmonics within the motor and unless you are racing the engine and tearing it down regularly to inspect, that mod may cause harm. I think the article was vehicle dependant.
But you right in suggesting that less rotational mass will affect how quickly the tach turns. as does a light weight flywheel.
This is a general question guys

Tank is 14.5, yes. I feel like there is a dual reserve tank thingy going on. When the light comes on i consider that the first reserve tank, but the miles remaining is not 0. Once remaining miles hits that i consider it the second reserve. I feel that about 1.5 gallons remains once miles till empty reads 0, because it always seems to be around 13 gallons to fill

My truck, on the other hand, had the most accurate avg mpg vs actual mpg ive ever seen ever during my last camping trip. Computer read 11.2 and i calculated at 11.193

My ms3 is always 8% optimistic

Okay. I want one !
wait i already have it.
i will consider this when i tear the engine down the first time, or an engine. Thank you Mike .

Whats the downside besides NVH ? I read something somewhere sometime that the "delete" of any balance shaft can cause bad harmonics within the motor and unless you are racing the engine and tearing it down regularly to inspect, that mod may cause harm. I think the article was vehicle dependant.
But you right in suggesting that less rotational mass will affect how quickly the tach turns. as does a light weight flywheel.
This is a general question guys

Ask anyone who's ridden in my car, the vibes are not bad at all. It's the TMM that makes everything crappy.

As for harmonics, the only thing the BSD does is, well, reduce NVH. That's the sole purpose of it. Otherwise it's a 30lb lump of iron taking up space and dragging the rotating mass down. I've got 15k on the built motor and no harmonics issues. No cracks in the block, crank, etc.

I started with the Corksport insert as soon as it was released and loved it. improved shifting. i think it was my first or second mod.
Then the topspeed passenger mount then a 88 duro RMM. Plus ready to install the drivers side this weekend. i dont mind vibratin' but as far as balance shaft delete ? if some performance gain is not there i will skip it at this point.
Mike i think whiteline only offers bushings. I have the their strut tower brace and still the stock tie in to the firewall. They make good s*** for sure. i will take another look.
Last i knew Dominant motorsports had some sweet ones developed off the Focus platform. But they seemed a bit sketchy with no website. Sent an email to them yesterday.
I have run to 0 miles left shown and driven a good bit too. Just because Kramer did it on seinfeld. How far can ya go ? Really ? But that's bad for the pump so i stopped that silly crap.
I have the dominant engineering camber arms and they are LEGIT! Ive had them on for almost 2yrs with no problems, best thing about them is that you can get them in almost any color you want. Not that you'll be able to see them much, but that is something to consider. Lots of adjustment and great craftsmanship. Would highly recommend

I have the dominant engineering camber arms and they are LEGIT! Ive had them on for almost 2yrs with no problems, best thing about them is that you can get them in almost any color you want. Not that you'll be able to see them much, but that is something to consider. Lots of adjustment and great craftsmanship. Would highly recommend
: ) thanks i will follow up with them.

Back