What have you done to your MS3 today?

I spotted this some months back working at an AC Delco distributor...

AC Delco 45K0187 - They say SPC right on them. And they're cheaper. By a lot.

I spotted this some months back working at an AC Delco distributor...

AC Delco 45K0187 - They say SPC right on them. And they're cheaper. By a lot.

They're exactly the same ones, I have em. SPC camber arms even with SPC cast into them, $40 cheaper a set

looks like Dominant doesn't make the front control arms any more and i just missed some for sale on mazda 3 forums a couple days ago Damm me.
I really liked the camber control at the bottom instead of a camber plate at the top.
I am going to keep looking for used ones i guess : (

Head surfaced today. It was 0.006" off. I've heard from John at PTP that he saw a head recently that was 0.017" off. That's a LOT. Apparently these things are pretty loosely cast from factory. But in good news, they ran vacuum and everything they could see was my valve job is very good and there are no valve stem leaks.

96k on the stock head, and I did mild porting 15k miles ago, everything's still good! Saved $200 on a valve job!

It's official - I've had the car five years today and accumulated a whopping 32,818 miles. Just think: sometime around 2023, it'll have almost 100K! :D

Waiting on mazda for what will hopefully be my last warranty claim

56k miles. 28 days till I hit the 5 year mark

Hey at least I made my last one big.....

Blown transmission

Installed Cobb's XLE BPV, Next up is CP-e's Stage 2 Flex wishbone RMM in Black to be installed by i-Moto Racing at our Mid-Ohio Corral. What's next? Not sure, but Tom Badger of i-Moto will certainly make suggestions on what to do next. So stay tuned for the i-Moto/ MOCO MS3 Build update. All installed will be done by i-Moto crew members.

It's official - I've had the car five years today and accumulated a whopping 32,818 miles. Just think: sometime around 2023, it'll have almost 100K! :D

And here I thought I was one of the mileage kings. How do you manage that? Other vehicles to drive? Car pooling? Public transport?
My '04, which I've owned since new, just crossed the 80k mark (<10k/yr.)

Head surfaced today. It was 0.006" off. I've heard from John at PTP that he saw a head recently that was 0.017" off. That's a LOT. Apparently these things are pretty loosely cast from factory. But in good news, they ran vacuum and everything they could see was my valve job is very good and there are no valve stem leaks.

96k on the stock head, and I did mild porting 15k miles ago, everything's still good! Saved $200 on a valve job!

.017"?? That would never seal... especially with a MLS head gasket. Sounds like a overheat and warped head... which would probably need a straighten and stress relieve to make sure the cam journals were straight and no load on the cams. Before my current job, I worked at an engine shop and cylinder heads were my specialty. When my motor goes, the head off my block is getting the works on the Serdi

This is the shop I used to work at.
http://www.gregsheadsandengines.com/main.php

I think he said his commute is 6 miles a day, which is also shared with other vehicles

WHOA!!! Not good mileage for the car. Barely enough time to get everything up to temperature in 6 miles.

I used to own a Colt Vista (Mitsubishi Expo by another name) which was a pretty good car, all in all. But when I got it, I only lived 1.9 miles from work. Unfortunately, it was all uphill, and I work VERY early in the morning, so walking/biking were not good options.
The car never really warmed up and my mileage was around 15-15.5 w/a 5-sp manual. We moved to nearly 20 miles away sometime later and my mileage jumped to well over 24 mpg!! By then though all those short miles had taken there toll and the car was failing. Burning oil, clogged O2 sensors, etc....

I don't feel so bad about his mileage vs mine then. My commute is 17.25 miles one way, but I have a lot of vacation with my job too.

.017"?? That would never seal... especially with a MLS head gasket. Sounds like a overheat and warped head... which would probably need a straighten and stress relieve to make sure the cam journals were straight and no load on the cams. Before my current job, I worked at an engine shop and cylinder heads were my specialty. When my motor goes, the head off my block is getting the works on the Serdi

This is the shop I used to work at.
http://www.gregsheadsandengines.com/main.php

Apparently it's not too uncommon with these motors to see the head warped like that. I don't think the head is so much warped as the surface was just bad from the factory. Seems to be a lot of sloppiness in these from factory..........which may be why they get finicky with tight tolerances.

ARP custom age 625 head studs are in. Deck surface will be cleaned, then HG prepared and head installed and lengthy torque process undergone.

Washed her and replaced lug nuts with CorkSport lightweight lug nuts on my new lightweight O.Z. Alleggerita HLT wheels (18x7.5). Obviously I kept a lock on each wheel. Talk about lightweight I hope lug nuts don't break off and the wheels lol.

Put my fmic on and ran into some clearance problems. There is hardly any space to play around with....turned it on for the first time and blew a coupler at boost, tightened all clamps and started it up again and let it sit for a few mins and gave it a few revs. still need to put front bumper back on and maybe get some rubber foam to put on some places that may hit. Will update tomorrw with pics of it installed properly. didnt finish up because i was running late for dinner with the g/f and mom. oh and replaced the stock shifter weight for a shiney new cobb one. its purty

WHOA!!! Not good mileage for the car. Barely enough time to get everything up to temperature in 6 miles.

I used to own a Colt Vista (Mitsubishi Expo by another name) which was a pretty good car, all in all. But when I got it, I only lived 1.9 miles from work. Unfortunately, it was all uphill, and I work VERY early in the morning, so walking/biking were not good options.
The car never really warmed up and my mileage was around 15-15.5 w/a 5-sp manual. We moved to nearly 20 miles away sometime later and my mileage jumped to well over 24 mpg!! By then though all those short miles had taken there toll and the car was failing. Burning oil, clogged O2 sensors, etc....

I don't feel so bad about his mileage vs mine then. My commute is 17.25 miles one way, but I have a lot of vacation with my job too.

My commute is 0.8mi, if ambient temperature is above 50deg the engine will usually be close to temp by the time I get to work. 6 miles is plenty of time to warm up.

I always drive mine for some extended time every week to keep it 'cleared out' though.

Back